How do I setup a board so only board mod can see it?

Started by KirkhamsEbooks, August 31, 2014, 01:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KirkhamsEbooks

Aloha,

I'm running version 2.04. How do I setup a board so only the board moderator can view it and add posts to it. I'm trying to give my board mods a place to work on posts before they move them to the public view.

Thanks,

Rick

Kindred

you can not...   a user is only a board moderator AFTER they enter the board -- which means that if you restrict permissions to see it based on the moderator status, no one except admins will ever see it.

You would have to create a global, "staff" group for the board moderators, and then you can do it.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Colin

Hi there!

You should also consider updating if you are still on 2.0.4. Let us know if you have any questions about that.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Yes. You must create a membergroup for the board moderators and only allow that membergroup to access the new board that you created. That way, only the board moderators membergroup members have access to it and no others.

KirkhamsEbooks

Quote from: ahrasis on September 01, 2014, 03:03:21 AM
Yes. You must create a membergroup for the board moderators and only allow that membergroup to access the new board that you created. That way, only the board moderators membergroup members have access to it and no others.

That would mean everyone in that group would see it unless I go to the trouble of making a bo1 bo2 etc with just one person in there

Thank you.

Rick

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: KirkhamsEbooks on September 02, 2014, 12:21:30 AM
That would mean everyone in that group would see it
Yes, exactly. Just add the members into that group and then make the board visible to that group only as suggested ;)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Deaks

Rick,

In really simple terms its not possible by default, and to do the required changes would be quite large and outwith support, you could ask in Mod Request or Help Wanted (Not Support) (this one you need to state if its a free or paid request)

I am afraid these are the only options.

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Ninja ZX-10RR

O.o actually it has been answered...
Quote from: Kindred on August 31, 2014, 01:28:33 PM
You would have to create a global, "staff" group for the board moderators, and then you can do it.
Quote from: ahrasis on September 01, 2014, 03:03:21 AM
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

You could do this with SimpleDesk actually.

Install it, create a group for all your board moderators, tie that into a user role in a department in SD, then they will be able to see their topics - and you as an admin will be able to see all of them.

Then once done, use the function to move a ticket to the relevant board.

Ninja ZX-10RR

To me it's overkill.. Wouldn't you have to manually move each ticket? That would be pretty much annoying xD

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Sure you would but you would only do it once it was ready to go.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Even having SimpleDesk I would go the other way, but it could be done indeed... Even if to me it's overkill and more complicated than necessary xD

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

It's overkill, I'm not disputing it, I'm just offering it up as a possible option as the nearest 'ready to go' for what the OP seems to want.

Advertisement: