News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Fatal Error

Started by misus, August 31, 2014, 03:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misus

Hello guys,

I have this problem with my forum.
When i try to modify a msg. and then save i get this error :

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function parse_mentions() in /.../Subs-Post.php on line 2507"

Can anyone help please?  :(

Kindred

Looks like you have a failed installation of one of the mentions mods...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

misus

Quote from: Kindred on August 31, 2014, 03:02:56 PM
Looks like you have a failed installation of one of the mentions mods...
I uninstalled and deleted the mod, but i still get the same error
We can't modify our msgs. anymore on the boards.

mashby

Any errors on uninstalling that mod? Could you attach the mentioned file in a reply here?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

misus

Quote from: mashby on August 31, 2014, 03:24:32 PM
Any errors on uninstalling that mod? Could you attach the mentioned file in a reply here?
Initially i used :
this mod
uninstalled it and installed (still using)
this

sure, i'll attach the file in a min.

Thank you.

misus

kat

Every edit that the mod made, is still there...

Try the attached. But, expect other errors, from other files, to manifest themselves...

Kindred

When you installed or uninstalled, did you get any error messages? Any notification that something could not complete?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

misus

Thank you very much,
@K now i got an error here : Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 2502

Still can't modify msg.s.

@Kindred, no installation and desinstallation went smoothly.

misus

And after using the file my Mentions mod doesn't work either.

kat

Wait... I removed the parts of the file related to the mentions mod, coz you say you uninstalled it. So, of course, it won't work.

The original file's still attached to your post, above. So, you can restore that, if you want to.

But... That leaves me in a state of some confusion, as to what we're trying to achieve now...

I missed a couple of lines, where there's still some code for the mentions mod. I've removed them, in the attached one.

misus

Thank you.
Sorry for the confusion.

My problem is that me and my users can't modify-edit our messages. Every time we try to edit, we get this error.

I'd like to use the mentions mod, but to have also a functional edit feature :\

Kindred

yes. we understand your error.

What we don't understand is your actions with the mod.

The mod was not fully installed - which is why you get that error.
So, you said that you UNINSTALLED the mod -- but you obviously did not, since NONE of the mod code was removed.
Now you have a mod which is distinctly NOT installed correctly and you are going to get alot MORE errors.

1- restore the original file that you attached
2- ask for help in the support thread for that mentions mod, since your problem is a failure to install that specific mod and not an issue with SMF itself.
Слaва
Украинi

misus

But the issue is that EVEN when I fully uninstalled the mod I got the same error when trying to edit a previous post.

kat

Right. So, basically, installing that mod has screwed your forum.

Did you, by any chance, backup your forum, before you installed the mod. If not...

If you did, you can restore the backup and try to install the mod, again.

If not, there might be a way to get your forum back to as it was, before the mod.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=400356.msg2782585#msg2782585

Kindred

the problem is that -- the code shows that you did ****NOT**** actually uninstall the mod.
None of the code changes were reverted.
Слaва
Украинi

kat

Unless, of course, the mod got installed twice, somehow?

Weird, though.

misus

Quote from: K@ on September 01, 2014, 07:21:00 AM
Unless, of course, the mod got installed twice, somehow?

Weird, though.
That's what i think it happened.

Somehow the files remained modified although i had already uninstalled the mod.
The clean file you sent me was a life savior

Now both the mod and the msg. editing are working.

Once again, Thank you @K :D

:o

misus

Quote from: Kindred on September 01, 2014, 07:17:02 AM
the problem is that -- the code shows that you did ****NOT**** actually uninstall the mod.
None of the code changes were reverted.
Thank you for your help.
Somehow the mod was installed twice...  :-\

kat

My pleasure, Misus!

Be aware that you MIGHT get other problems, in future, if there're stray bits of code still sitting in other files, though.

Advertisement: