News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

VERY Simple Question - I Think

Started by ACS_jk, August 31, 2014, 07:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACS_jk

First, I am pretty inexperienced with changing SMF themes, though I have been using it for a number of years.

The background. I have v2.06 running and have found an acceptable theme to use with it. The theme name is Flagrantly which works with this version. I found the logo file in the zip file and changed it to what my logo is and then rezipped. I then went into the SMF Theme Install and uploaded the file.

The problem. Even after changing the logo file, after uploading, the default logo file displays even though I can find it nowhere within the zip folders.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Burke ♞ Knight

1. Update your forum to 2.0.8 as soon as possible.
2. You need to be sure the new image is same exact name as the old, as well as same size.
3. A link to the forum, using the theme would be useful.

Edit:

index.css tells where and how to display the logo:

#logo a {
position: absolute;
top: 2em;
left: 2em;
display: block;
width: 451px;
height: 30px;
cursor: pointer;
background: url(../images/theme/logo.png) no-repeat;
}

ACS_jk

hxxp:www.angrycustomerssuck.com/simplemachinesforum/ [nonactive]

I did check the CSS and when creating the replacement logo, it left the name the same and in the same place.

I appreciate your help, any other thoughts?

ACS_jk

It absolute does APPEAR that way, no argument. I uploaded the Flagrantly folder to a test server after receiving your response. While that was going on, I deleted all non-default themes from SMF, checked the folder where I knew the image had been changed, re-zipped it, reuploaded it (it appears the same STILL.

That same folder, uploaded to a test server has a link to the correct image file here hxxp:vmstest.com/206b/images/theme/logo.png [nonactive]

More thoughts please!

Bigguy

I have to ask....why did you name it:

/simplemachinesforum/

Is it a test site. ??

Kindred

Also, why are you making edits to the install zip for the theme?

Just install the theme as normal and then upload your new file into the flagrantly/images directory, overwriting the original logo file.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

Try using FTP and just re-uploading the new logo image to where the old one is.
See if that helps.

ACS_jk

Bigguy - It is still in test mode, I will be changing it to a subdomain.

Kindred and BurkeKnight - all I can say is I am overtired and really just didn't think of it. Deleted everything and started from scratch. it is all working now.

Thanks EVERYONE for the assistance.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

Quote from: ACS_jk on August 31, 2014, 07:36:45 PM
http://www.angrycustomerssuck.com/

Sorry to go O/T but I about fell on the floor laughing when I read this. Having been in retail I can relate lol. :D
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: