News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to list more posts per page?

Started by LordPhantom, September 01, 2014, 01:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordPhantom

Hey Guru's,

I haven't been able to figure this out, but I'm sure it's simple; When I open one of the categories on my setup, it lists the first 20 posts, then links to go to page 2 etc;

I'd like to change that number to a larger number of posts per page.

How do you do that?

Branko.

@LordPhantom, welcome to SMF Community!
Posts and Topics>Topic Settings>Number of posts per page in a topic page or Number of topics per page in the message index
NoteTurn off Disable user defined topic/message count per page if you want a user setting via their Profile>Look and Layout>Topics to display per page or Messages to display per page
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

LordPhantom

Hi There;

Thanks for the heads up, but I am lost; Where is "Posts and Topics" ?

Thanks,
Mathew.

br360

Admin>>Forum>>Post and Topics

Then you can just follow the instructions Branko. posted above.

Irisado

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

LordPhantom

I'm using version 2.0.2 - do I need to upgrade, because I don't have "forum" under the "admin" menu.  I have "Features and Options" "Package Manager" "Error Log" and "permissions"

br360

Don't pay attention to the dropdown options. Just click the Admin button and underneath that menu you will see another row of menu options-

Main  Configuration  Forum  Members Maintenance

You will see that in 2.0.2, but to answer that question- yes, you should definitely upgrade as there are security patches in newer versions. When you do upgrade, you have to do it one at a time, so 2.0.2 to 2.0.3, then 2.0.3 to 2.0.4, etc.

LordPhantom

Thanks guys, got it sorted; Will get onto that updating of the software ASAP.

Advertisement: