News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Online users > branches ?!

Started by ThijsW, September 01, 2014, 10:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThijsW

Hello,

I have my forum all branches are under. The sequence of this is wrong! How can I change this?

Screenshot: http://www.mupload.nl/img/v7znhsi4z3e.png

Regards, Thijs.

Sorry, but I can not English well, so I do not know if this topic is under this category belongs .. ;-)

margarett

The order of the online groups is alphabetic. How would you like to have it?

If English is not your primary language, maybe you can post your question in your language's support board ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

*Ninja follows this topic since he wants to understand where that function is loaded and how, also because I could have asked this myself :) *
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

ThijsW

Quote from: margarett on September 01, 2014, 11:16:45 AM
The order of the online groups is alphabetic. How would you like to have it?

If English is not your primary language, maybe you can post your question in your language's support board ;)

For example:

Technisch manager - Team leider - Moderator - Proef moderator - Ex-teamlid - VIP - Donateur

Burke ♞ Knight

If not mistaken, I thought there was a mod on the mod site for this...

ThijsW

Ow! Do you know the name of this mod?

Burke ♞ Knight

I can't even remember if it was for 1.1.x or 2.0.x, let alone the name....lol

Ninja ZX-10RR

No there was one to list only the membergroups with online members but I couldn't find one being able to edit the order of the membergroups... :(
Btw the one you were talking about is this one but it doesn't do what he asked for: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2456
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

I just spent good 15 minutes trying to find it (as I also think there was something like that...) but... nothing :(

Google on the other end, helped :P
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1077 (highly outdated, though...)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 01, 2014, 01:15:51 PM
Btw the one you were talking about is this one but it doesn't do what he asked for: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2456

Really? That was the one I was talking about?
1. You can not ever say that YOU know what OTHER people were talking about in a case like this, as there are a lot of mods out, and you are not a mind reader. ;)
2. That is NOT the mod, as I never actually saw that mod myself, until earlier today. Incidentally, may have to download it, and check it out, though...LOL
3. I have found the one I was talking about, but it is very outdated, and I am in process of trying to get it to work. (Bruno found it, too...LOL) :)

ThijsW

NanoSector

Hi Tegrazone,

First of all lets do a Dutchie high-five ;)
If you ever need support in Dutch, know there's a separate board right here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=66.0

I just had a read through the code, and the default behaviour is to sort by group name. Try to clear your cache, and if that doesn't work, can you attach your Subs-Membergroups.php file here, please?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: BurkeKnight on September 01, 2014, 01:47:48 PM
Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 01, 2014, 01:15:51 PM

Really? That was the one I was talking about?
1. You can not ever say that YOU know what OTHER people were talking about in a case like this, as there are a lot of mods out, and you are not a mind reader. ;)
Yup I am not but since I couldn't find *any* other mod regarding that I thought you were talking about what I was thinking being the only? :P

2. That is NOT the mod, as I never actually saw that mod myself, until earlier today. Incidentally, may have to download it, and check it out, though...LOL
I need the opposite thing so I won't download it but seeing that it's from SimpleDesk... Just go for it if you need it :D

3. I have found the one I was talking about, but it is very outdated, and I am in process of trying to get it to work. (Bruno found it, too...LOL) :)
Yeah O.o sure I couldn't find it "Membergroup Color Legend II.2" wth is that -.-" should have been something like "Re-arrange group key order" or something similar...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Burke ♞ Knight

Indeed so, it could have been named better....LOL
Now you see why I could not remember the name...
I actually had to look through my old discs of my older site backups from 2009.

br360

Here is a link to the latest version of that mod- http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=219437.msg2531758#msg2531758

I installed it on a 2.0.8 forum, and it worked like it should.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Awesome catch but... It didn't work here O.o I installed it with only one error in the language files (fixed it manually) and it made a mess... The list was still showing in the wrong order (it was setup correctly) and also it was shown with a messy .css adding 2 useless borders as well... Uninstalled it :( BK if you get it to work in a better way let us know ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

br360

Did you do a hard refresh?

I also noticed that it doesn't work on every theme, so a manual edit in a specific theme may be needed. On the board you installed it on, check the default theme and see if it shows correctly there.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I was talking about the default theme, unfortunately. :(

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

br360

Ok, this is odd. I just went to install this on another test site. It didn't work at first, but this is what I had to do to make it appear in the order I wanted: I emulated to version 2.0. Then when trying to install, I got an error where I had to manually add the code into languages/Help.english.php. Then installed the mod.

I then set the order I wanted the membergroup to appear. After that I went into current theme and UN-checked the "Show group key on board index:" box, and once I did that, it all worked.

Odd that for the order to appear the way you want, you have to uncheck the group key box for it to show.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Indeed that works, disabling the checkbox made the order to work but the .css is still messy, look at this, it sucks hard :(

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: