Email Activation Message not being Sent! (Welcome Msg Is)

Started by rickbaa, September 01, 2014, 12:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickbaa

Just configuring for first use 2.0.8 ... Using Admin approval registration and created two different dummy users and the forum is setup with admin approval for registration. The newly registered users recieve their welcome messages each. Then I go into the admin to approve them which then says approved and they show up as now active members.

BUT there is no message sent to the user to notify that they are active.

I'm not sure of what I could be doing as the initial message is sent to them ok, so the emailer works.

rick

Deaks

have you checked spam folder?
Also what email domain are they being sent to? gmail? hotmail? etc
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

rickbaa

It is not in my spam folder. I went directly to the server email and looked in there and there are no follow-up emails. There appears to be no message sent which would make it impossible to use admin approved registration which is what I need to do.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Arantor

Actually there's a known issue if you use the profile page to approve, it just approves without sending an email, whereas the list from the admin page gives you the option to send an email.

Advertisement: