News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Re: smf_log_online is marked as crashed

Started by Selroth, September 01, 2014, 12:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selroth

Hate to gravedig, but this is the most relevant forum post Google dug up for me.

I'm running SMF 2.0.8 and recently been having this problem as well.  It seems very strange that it's only happening to smf_log_online though.  It's happened 3 times throughout the past week.

First incident I did a table repair using PhpMyAdmin, which was successful. The site was then accessible.  However, the site reported that there were no posts, even though the board and topic structure was there.  All the data still seemed to be in the database and the size of the backup I made after the table repair was the same size as before the table repair.  Forum Maintenance->Recount Totals and Statistics didn't resolve the problem, but Forum Maintenance->Database->Optimize Database did.  At this point, the site was functioning normally.

The next morning, it happened again.  smf_log_online was marked as crashed.  This time, I just had to repair the table using PhpMyAdmin - none of the other steps were needed.  I contacted my host to ask them to assist.  They said it's the fault of the website software (SMF), of course.  They've been so helpful in the past too - shame they seem to be taking the low road.  I read lack of hard-drive space could cause MySQL to malfunction like this, so I cleared up a bunch of HDD space, even though my account says I have plenty left.

This morning, about 2 days after the last incident, it happened again!  I did the table repair, and the forum posts were there, but the board index said there was no posts in them (even though I was able to access them perfectly fine still).  Did a Recount Totals and Statistics and that fixed the problem.  ...Why are the totals and statistics being messed up?  Is it related?

And this is where I stand now.  I may take the site offline later on, duplicate the database, and link SMF to the duplicate - that would certainly put the database on some different HDD sectors (though if those were bad, behavior would be inconsistent, no?).  I may also do the "right" thing and run Upgrade.php, though this may be a comprehensive project as that would replace several files that some mods made modifications to (hence why I haven't done it already).

Any other thoughts?
Everything is built from imagination.

Selroth

New development.  Before I get this error:

Database Error: Table './thewes8_DraconityDB/smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
File: /home/thewes8/public_html/draconity/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2693

I get this error first:

Database Error: Incorrect key file for table './thewes8_DraconityDB/smf_log_online.MYI'; try to repair it
File: /home/thewes8/public_html/draconity/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2709

Everything is built from imagination.

margarett

That was some serious digging, there :P I split your topic and moved it to the correct board.

That's a server issue... There isn't much we can say about that, honestly.

QuoteI may also do the "right" thing and run Upgrade.php
You don't need to do this, by any means ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: