BBC icons not showing up

Started by Kenway2, September 01, 2014, 05:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenway2

Hello there,
So, I decided to use SMF and installed a theme. Now, when I'm replying to a topic or creating a new one; I encounter this:

No BBC icons to be seen. How can I fix this?
Also, a second thing I noticed is that the right side of the text box extends infinitely. I know it can be changed in the css file but where can I find it? (what do I have to search for in the css to change it)

Thanks in advance.

Deaks

What mods do you have installed?
Do they show in the default theme?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Burke ♞ Knight

Which theme did you install?

For theme Related Questions it is best to ask the theme author. You can find a link to a topic for the theme or a support board on the theme's page in the Theme Site

Deaks

BK what happens if the theme doesnt include post.template.php and the number that do are far and in between, tbh I dont recall a single 2.0 theme that does :P
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Burke ♞ Knight

Maker may have something in the css that screws up the posting template.
I know, because one of my themes did, until I fixed it.

Also, until we find out, we have to assume it may have it.

Illori

admin -> current theme Show BBC Buttons on Posting and PM Send Pages: make sure it is checked. also is your theme for 2.0+ ? many themes made for 2.0 RC versions have the issue with the quick reply. there is a topic in the tips/tricks board on the changes.

Burke ♞ Knight

That is one reason I asked which theme.
Glad to see someone had similar idea. ;)

Kenway2

Thanks for the quick replies. I have got the show BBC thing checked.
The installed theme is laGusta. I know the issue with quickreply (this is NOT quickreply), I fixed it in the css a while ago after some hard-core searching, but it's been a while now that I don't recall anymore how to fix this.

Edit: yes they do show up in SMF Default theme.

Deaks

ok look in lagusta theme folder and tell me does it include a post.template.php?
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Kenway2

Quote from: Μπράιαν on September 01, 2014, 07:08:38 PM
ok look in lagusta theme folder and tell me does it include a post.template.php?
no, it does not

Deaks

Ok have you spoke to DzinerStudio in regards to this issue?

It seems to be something in the theme and we dont provide support on their themes.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

ARG01

This is not a LaGusta theme issue. Of 640 downloads we have no record of this occurring.  I just installed a fresh copy to check it out.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Kenway2

I just copied the default one into the lagusta folder and it works fine now...

Thanks for the help!

ARG01

If should work fine without it's own post.template.php. Are you using the correct version of LaGusta? Our themes have been updated from rc5 to 2.0.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Kenway2

rc5 , I have done a lot of additional editing in this theme, that's why I'm still using this one. Does not matter anyway since it's fixed. Thx!

ARG01

Well good luck. Our old rc themes do not function properly on 2.0. There are more changes than you realize and you will most likely run into more issues down the road. In any case, that's about as much as I can offer here since it's a premium theme and there is no record of you being reg'ed at our site.  ;)

Advertisement: