How do I update the Database?

Started by MaryLouW, September 01, 2014, 11:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryLouW

When I post to my forum, I get an error message saying my database may be out dated and that I might be able to fix it with update.php.  How do I do that?  My SMF version is 2.0.8 and the database is 2.0.7.

Kindred

Go to admin  maintenance and repair the database
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MaryLouW

Okay.... does that update the database?   I just ran the forum maintenance where it checks for errors and was able to post a message so maybe that fixed it.   I hope!!

Thanks a bunch!!!

Arantor

Ignore the bit at the bottom; the 'your database is out of date' is irrelevant, the database has not changed since before 2.0.0 and the patches never update the flag in the database that it's using for comparison.

MaryLouW

Thanks for that information!!  I'll stop trying to update the database!  I think all is well now, I ran all the maintenance things and haven't seen any database errors pop up so far.

Appreciate the help. It's nice to know you guys are always there looking out for us!!  :)

Advertisement: