News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Child Board Divider

Started by Burke ♞ Knight, September 02, 2014, 06:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burke ♞ Knight

Link to Mod

Child Board Divider

Latest Version: 1.0
Compatible With SMF: 2.0.x

Made by: BurkeKnight - BurkeKnight Enterprises
For Support:
If need support for this mod, please go to BurkeKnight Enterprises and register there.

We have a support ticket system for mod support.

We will no longer be supporting this mod here at the SMF site,
as we feel it is easier to keep all support at our site.

This mod fixes the missing divider between child boards in the parent board's index.
When go into a board that has child boards, the list of the child boards above the topic list,
does not have dividers like the main board index does. Even here at SMF site they don't.

Like here for example: Converting to SMF
Notice compared to main board index, there are no dividing lines between the different child boards.

See Attached Screen Shots

First one is of main board index, which has dividers between the boards.
Second one is of above link, where it shows the child boards with no divider.

I had posted this as support issue, and ARG found the fix:

Topic: Child-Board Divider?

Tip/Trick topic at SMF site: [TIP/TRICK] Fix Missing Divider Between Child Boards
Tip/Trick topic  at BurkeKnight Enterprises: Fix Missing Divider Between Child Boards in the Parent Board's Index

To all users of my mods and themes. I am happy that you have chosen my work to add to your site.
I now have a support ticket system for support of my mods and themes. It is located at:

http://www.burkeknight.com/index.php?action=helpdesk

You have to be registered at my site, to use the support system.
There are 3 departments in the system as of now:

SMF 2.0.x Mod Support
SMF 2.0.x Theme Support
Web Site Templates Support

I would prefer to handle all support for my mods and themes, including any BK-SMF and BK Modding mods and themes there, as I can do that more efficiently. But, I will, of course, still monitor the support topics, here, as well.
This will make things easier for me and the users of my mods and themes, as most of my updates and changes are put on my main site, first.

Thank you, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Burke Knight

BurkeKnight Enterprises
Formerly BK Modding and BK-SMF

Westwegoman

Just installed and it fixed the child board message index but threw off the main index. Oddly it only affected the column that shows the last post info.

You can check it out here.
http://www.bayoustatefishing.com/community/index.php

Burke ♞ Knight

That is due to the mod setting the borders a little thicker. I'll fix that in the next update for the mod. :).

However, this mod is made to fix the missing divider, not in the main board index, but in the message index, when child boards are displayed inside the parent board's message index.

Now, for the most important part, I had noticed: You do not seem to HAVE any child boards, so unsure what exactly you expected this mod to do.

Westwegoman

Quote from: BurkeKnight on September 19, 2014, 05:13:03 AM
Now, for the most important part, I had noticed: You do not seem to HAVE any child boards, so unsure what exactly you expected this mod to do.
There are some in the "Classifieds" board. I have the "Remove Child Board" mod installed so they don't show on the main index.

I also played around with the thickness. Changed it from 3px to 2px but it still left that one column thicker.

Thanks for taking a look.

Burke ♞ Knight

I went and uploaded the fixed version. Undo your edits, and try that. :)

Westwegoman

Didn't seem to work. It looks like the changes you made were the same thing that I tried. It seems like that one column gets it's class from something different since the others are fine.

Burke ♞ Knight

Try now, just did new, that mods the message index and makes new css class for that area, without effecting the main board index.

Westwegoman

That fixed it. Thanks for the mod and thanks for looking into it. :)

Burke ♞ Knight

No problem. Glad to have any bugs and glitches found, so can fix them. :)

If need support for this mod, please go to BurkeKnight Enterprises and register there.

We have a support ticket system for mod support.

We will no longer be supporting this mod here at the SMF site,
as we feel it is easier to keep all support at our site.

Advertisement: