News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[WIP - Converter] Kunena 3.0

Started by margarett, September 02, 2014, 08:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

This is a beta, don't just scrap your working forum at the end of the process!

I picked a local install of J! 2.5 and Kunena 3.0.6, created some content and, using the existing WIP converter for Kunena 1.7, I tried to get something working for this software.

What the converter will convert:

• Members
  • Categories
  • Boards
  • Topics/Posts
  • post attachments
  • Avatars (Gallery and user-uploaded)

What the converter will NOT YET convert:

• PMs and Polls
(are there PMs and polls in Kunena? :o )

Known issues/limitations

• Boards/Categories: Correct mapping only possible until first child board.
  • Notifications: no idea about this :P No notifications are converted
  • After the conversion is complete, make sure you run SMF's Routine maintenance tasks

How to use the converter
* Install SMF in the same server as Kunena, in a separate folder, in the same or different database
* If installed in different databases, make sure that the MySQL user from SMF is allowed to SELECT (at least) the database from Kunena
* Upload the files "convert.php" and "kunena_to_smf.sql" to your SMF folder
* Edit the file "configuration.php" and define the correct database information, as in the example below:
<?php
// Legacy configuration file
// If you're using Joomla 1.5 or newer, please add this file in your Kunena component directory, before running the converter

$mosConfig_db 'joomla';
$mosConfig_dbprefix 'jos_';

?>

* Upload the file to your Kunena Folder (usually components/com_kunena)
* Run the converter --> www.whatever-path-to-smf.com/convert.php
* After conversion login with your admin account. Make sure you run SMF's Routine maintenance tasks
That's it. If interested test and let us know the outcome.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

larry007

Hi

so, i try this!  :) Thank you for the first beta.......

I do the right entries but the first error message is below and then stops the converter!?

QuoteConverting...
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (date_registered)

margarett

Ahh the joys of converters :P I'll check into it ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

margarett

So, the problem actually is that you have a member in your Kunena table that has no registration date (or a somehow invalid one). It really shouldn't happen since that's a datetime, not null field...

can you please go to phpmyadmin, to your jos_members ("jos_" is probably not your prefix, you need to search it) and click on the column "registerDate"? It should show your members, ordered by registration date. The first row(s) might have some weird looking values, can you let us know what shows up?

larry007

Now I have checked all member. No member is wrong in registration date, no null field  :'(.

The right name of the users (Joomla 2.5) is "jos_users" not "jos_members" , you now that?!  :)

The first one is me as admin - regDate is "2009-09-19 12:56:18" or what do you mean with first row?

mhhh ?

margarett

Yes, it's "users", not "members", sorry.

I meant first row after you order by registerDate. But if you said all dates are OK, then I'm confused :(
Would you mind providing my your cPanel login details via PM so that I can check in place?

larry007

oh.....

i have all on localhost (XAMPP)  O:)

have you tested the converter in your own location and everything was fine?

margarett

Yes... Also on XAMPP.
Could you export your "users" table, zip and password-protect it, upload it somewhere and send me the link, please?

larry007

margarett

Just got it, thanks. I'll look into it now ;)

edit: updated in the first post. Thank you ;)

margarett

Another update:
* Avatars (gallery and user uploaded) are now converted
* J! passwords are supported directly by SMF :) Do note that
1) I only tested with J! 2.5. J! 1.7 should also work (untested), J! 3.0 probably should NOT work.
2) At first login, each user will have to enter the password twice (necessary for rehash)
* Minor fixes.

Thank you larry007 for your help ;)

larry007

What must I say : very very very good job!! Well done, thank you so much!!!

I found something to fix it, maby if you can......

I found that the views from supjects are not right converted. Many of them are "0 Views"

please take a look

margarett

I gave it a look but it seems OK... Kunena stores each topic's view count in a column "hits". And in the conversion I did from your database, the "hits" were correctly translated into "num_views" and they do show up in SMF...

Can you give me an example from your forum where this happens? I mean, a topic with views in Kunena that don't transfer that to SMF?

larry007

Hi

Eg: ....board 5.0 -> topic 1519 - 1526 this is only a few of manys - not all have 0 !?, in board 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0, 46.0 there are also a few of manys.

do you have a screenshot maybe of board 5 in PM for me?

margarett

Well, those topics did convert with 0 views (and many others, yes)

But the "hits" column in the original database also presents "0". So the conversion was actually correct.
I imagine that the topic views might be stored somewhere else... What is the correct value those topics should have, any idea?

larry007

Mhh

look at the kunena (j!) location http://localhost/fw_statisch/forum/5-einstellungsvoraussetzungen-.html , the hits are all over "0"

This is the board 5.0 in smf and there are many "0" hits - there must be no "0" hits.

margarett

Eheheh I can't see your localhost :P

Give me the number of views for topics 1519 - 1526 in Kunena.
I'll try to find it in the database.

larry007

Yes I now.... i think you have installed the kunena on localhost? O:)  ;)

ok I understand, here it comes... 8)

kunena topics:

1525 - 699 views
1524 - 473
1523 - 476
1522 - 909
1521 - 517
1520 - 386
1519 - 548

margarett

I did but I did not "connect" your database to my test install.

I'll look into that ;)

edit: Hummm I see now. Need to investigate a bit more. Thanks ;)

larry007

Quote from: margarett on September 10, 2014, 06:25:06 AM
I did but I did not "connect" your database to my test install.

Yes I now that..... sorry  ;-)

Advertisement: