[WIP - Converter] Kunena 3.0

Started by margarett, September 02, 2014, 08:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

larry007

Hi,

now is it good - all views are now the same as in kunena and I see that the sortings of the sticky and closes topics are very well too.

How about the converted avatars, where can I find it in the file directory, I must resize them because the most of them are to big.

lewism

Kunena 3.0.5
Joomla 3.3.3

> Install SMF in the same server as Kunena, in a separate folder, in the same or different database

Done

>Upload the files "convert.php" and "kunena_to_smf.sql" to your SMF folder

Done

>Edit the file "configuration.php" and define the correct database information

Done. I put the joomla database name in this file, the one which contains kunena tables.

>If you're using Joomla 1.5 or newer, please add this file in your Kunena component directory

Done

>Upload the file to your Kunena Folder (usually components/com_kunena)

Done

>Run the converter --> www.whatever-path-to-smf.com/convert.php

Database is on the same server, DB's for both kunena and smf have the same password

Path to SMF: /var/www/vhosts/mysite/forums

Path to Kunena 3.0: /var/www/vhosts/mysite/html
Not clear if this should be root of site or in com_component and Kunena?

Each time I run the converter, I get

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Kunena 3.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: Incorrect database name ''

lewism

Surely I am not the only one wanting to convert from kunena to smf? There must be others who have tried this and can give some input?

margarett

Hi.

QuotePath to Kunena 3.0: /var/www/vhosts/mysite/html
Not clear if this should be root of site or in com_component and Kunena?
It should be "path_to_joomla/com_component/Kunena"
(The same path to where you put configuration.php)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

lewism

Ah ok, I've updated that.

Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    m.userid AS id_member, SUBSTRING(md.username, 1, 80) AS member_name,
    SUBSTRING(md.username, 1, 255) AS real_name,
    IF(ISNULL(m.signature), '', SUBSTRING(m.signature, 1, 65534)) AS signature,
    IF(ISNULL(m.posts), 0, m.posts) AS posts,
    md.password AS passwd, '' AS password_salt,
    IF(ISNULL(m.karma), 0, m.karma) AS karma_good, SUBSTRING(md.email, 1, 255) AS email_address,
    SUBSTRING(m.location, 1, 255) AS location,
    '1' AS is_activated,
    IF (md.registerDate IS NULL, 0, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(md.registerDate)) AS date_registered,
    IF (md.lastvisitDate IS NULL, 0, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(md.lastvisitDate)) AS last_login,
    '1' AS hide_email,
    IF(md.usertype = 'Super Administrator' OR mm.group_id = '8' OR mm.group_id = '7', 1, 0) AS id_group,
    '' AS lngfile, '' AS buddy_list, '' AS pm_ignore_list, '' AS message_labels,
    '' AS personal_text, '' AS website_title, '' AS website_url, '' AS icq,
    '' AS aim, '' AS yim, '' AS msn, '' AS time_format, '' AS avatar,
    '' AS usertitle, '' AS member_ip, '' AS secret_question, '' AS secret_answer,
    '' AS validation_code, '' AS additional_groups, '' AS smiley_set, '' AS member_ip2
    FROM `priders`.qdmiu_kunena_users AS m
    LEFT JOIN `priders`.qdmiu_users AS md ON (m.userid= md.id)
    LEFT JOIN `priders`.qdmiu_user_usergroup_map AS mm ON (m.userid= mm.user_id)
    GROUP BY m.userid
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'md.usertype' in 'field list'

margarett

Of course... :(

I adapted the converter with J! 2.5
Now J! 3.0 moved something around, methinks :(

I guess I have to go on and install J! 3.0, isn't it?...

lewism

yes, 3.3.3 I believe. It's crazy how much they change things.

lewism

If it is of any value to you, this is because I want to see if I can convert some Joomla sites into SMF forums so it's for a good cause :)

lewism

On question about converting is how do people deal with re-creating the accounts and passwords?
It's one thing to convert the forums from kunena to smf but my interest is to see if I could go from a joomla site fully to only smf.

margarett

Member accounts are also converted.
For J! 3.x it should be necessary for everyone to reset his password, as that version uses bcrypt (not totally sure but I think so...) and, AFAIK, that encryption can't be handled in SMF.

As for the converter itself, I'm sorry but I've been extremely busy with my job, lots of working hours so I couldn't yet try it with your J! version...

lewism

If you need some help, I am happy to do what ever I can. For example, I can set up a dev vsp with joomla and smf so we can reset over and over as needed.

margarett

Thank you for your kind offer ;)

I can do that myself on my localhost too ;) It's time that I'm missing :P

margarett

Well, I'll be sleeping less hours than recommended :P

Try the attached *.sql file.

edit: in my test forum, J! 3.3.3 passwords don't work in SMF...

lewism

Wow, the conversion seemed to happen as it should. Very exiting.

When I try to log in using a known user, I am being told;

"Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again".

This is a little confusing since entering the password leads to an error but once I figured that out, is works.
I will spend a little time going over the site and report back.

Looks good so far, everything seems to be there.

larry007

Quote from: larry007 on September 12, 2014, 04:40:44 AM

How about the converted avatars, where can I find it in the file directory, I must resize them because the most of them are to big.

Question again.....

lewism

This worked so well that now I am wondering why I don't just replace kunena but leave the joomla site up without that. The joomla site simply uses jomsocial and not much else but without the forums.

I have read that there are no bridges however.

margarett

Quote from: larry007 on September 18, 2014, 08:52:35 AM
Quote from: larry007 on September 12, 2014, 04:40:44 AM

Question again.....
Ups :P I forgot...

Avatars are handled as attachments by SMF. So you can find them in "attachments" folder. Problem is, together with all other forum attachments.
Although, I think there is a setting in SMF to resize avatars (need to check, I'm not on the computer now...)

margarett

Quote from: lewism on September 18, 2014, 05:37:58 PM
This worked so well that now I am wondering why I don't just replace kunena but leave the joomla site up without that. The joomla site simply uses jomsocial and not much else but without the forums.

I have read that there are no bridges however.
You current member base is in SMF. But in won't keep synchronized.
Why don't you try a portal or blog mod to see if if can "replace" your J!

lewism

@margarett, so, you mean just make them two different sites right?
Then let users sign up to either or both and each will have their user  account/passwd

Advertisement: