News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP - Converter] Kunena 3.0

Started by margarett, September 02, 2014, 08:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lewism

Just so you know, the conversion did do a few weird things. Nothing I could do about it other than delete posts, modify settings etc but it's fixed up now.

The conversion made a number of people moderators of various boards and also jumbled up some posts/authors and a few other small things but nothing so big that it's not repairable with a little work.

All in all, it's all good.

margarett

Nice to hear that. Thank you for your feedback ;)
And sorry for those "hiccups". Yours was the first or second real job that this converter ever performed :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Dragon41673

Margarett,

How's work going on this? I'm currently on Kunena 3.0.6 and am torn between switching to SMF or PHPBB3 as I need to move away from Kunena.

Thanks!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

margarett

Well, it's... The same :P

The previous forum was converted and I had no further feedback from others so... Feel free to try and let us know how it behaves ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Dragon41673

Ok, thank you, I will decide in the next few days what I want to do based on support ability & how I like the interface.

Thank you very much!

Dragon41673

margarett

I'm a little confused as to the steps...when editing the configuration.php file before uploading it to Kunena...it states to "define the correct database information".

Is this the database on my host? If so, do I enter the database for the Kunena host, or my SMF host? Also...how do I tell what prefix to enter?

margarett

You need to enter Kunena's database details.

SMF's database details are known to the converter ;)

Dragon41673

So, the database name where Kunena is, correct?

If so...how do I figure out the prefix?

margarett

If you check phpmyadmin, look into the database where the tables are listed. You'll see a pattern in the name of the tables: they start with some letters and an underscore --> that's the prefix ;)

In my test setup, I got "ldxgp_". But that's probably random ;)

Dragon41673

Ahhh ok, so it's jos_ as written in your config file. Thank you!

Dragon41673

Ok, I'm sorry, I just don't seem to know enough here...

I thought I was entering the path to my Kunena properly, but I guess I'm not. Any advice?

Dragon41673

Ok, I've tried every possible path to my Kunena and it keeps saying "Unable to find the settings for Kunena 3.0. Please double check the path and try again."

Any advice?

margarett

What are you entering?

It's usually
/some_path_to_joomla/components/com_kunena

That's also the place where you should put configuration.php ;)

Dragon41673

I did that, tried my site name as well as the FTP string...and still nothing.

margarett

Site name? No, it's not that...

Get this file:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=512266.0;attach=225567
it's called "whats_the_path.php"
Load it to your Joomla main folder and run it via browser. Eg:
www.your_joomla_address.smt/whats_the_path.php

Whatever it returns you, add "/components/com_kunena" after it and that should be the path.

Dragon41673

Maybe I did a typo when I tried it, because I did try that path before...but now I get this message...

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Kunena 3.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'smf1222007444011'@'184.168.27.119' for table 'jos_users'

smf1222007444011 is the database I'm using for SMF, but Kunena is on a different database...is that the problem?

margarett

You should read this:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=146192.0
Or the first post in this topic:
Quote from: margarett on September 02, 2014, 08:47:19 PM
How to use the converter
* Install SMF in the same server as Kunena, in a separate folder, in the same or different database
* If installed in different databases, make sure that the MySQL user from SMF is allowed to SELECT (at least) the database from Kunena

The converter uses SMF's MySQL user to access both databases. So this user has to have permission to access Kunena's database ;)

Dragon41673

Ugh...ok, this is getting over my head. Thank you for trying to help, I appreciate it.

Dragon41673

margarett,

I decided to give this another try, re-did everything on a test site, and the converter works but, I'm getting this error when converting...

Converting members...
Unsuccessful!
This query:
SELECT
m.userid AS id_member, SUBSTRING(md.username, 1, 80) AS member_name,
SUBSTRING(md.username, 1, 255) AS real_name,
IF(ISNULL(m.signature), '', SUBSTRING(m.signature, 1, 65534)) AS signature,
IF(ISNULL(m.posts), 0, m.posts) AS posts,
md.password AS passwd, '' AS password_salt,
IF(ISNULL(m.karma), 0, m.karma) AS karma_good, SUBSTRING(md.email, 1, 255) AS email_address,
SUBSTRING(m.location, 1, 255) AS location,
'1' AS is_activated,
IF (md.registerDate IS NULL, 0, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(md.registerDate)) AS date_registered,
IF (md.lastvisitDate IS NULL, 0, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(md.lastvisitDate)) AS last_login,
'1' AS hide_email,
IF(md.usertype = 'Super Administrator' OR mm.group_id = '8' OR mm.group_id = '7', 1, 0) AS id_group,
'' AS lngfile, '' AS buddy_list, '' AS pm_ignore_list, '' AS message_labels,
'' AS personal_text, '' AS website_title, '' AS website_url, '' AS icq,
'' AS aim, '' AS yim, '' AS msn, '' AS time_format, '' AS avatar,
'' AS usertitle, '' AS member_ip, '' AS secret_question, '' AS secret_answer,
'' AS validation_code, '' AS additional_groups, '' AS smiley_set, '' AS member_ip2
FROM `tes1222007444011`.jos_kunena_users AS m
LEFT JOIN `tes1222007444011`.jos_users AS md ON (m.userid= md.id)
LEFT JOIN `tes1222007444011`.jos_user_usergroup_map AS mm ON (m.userid= mm.user_id)
GROUP BY m.userid
LIMIT 0, 500;
Caused the error:
Unknown column 'md.usertype' in 'field list'

How can I resolve this?

Dragon41673

Ok, well, this morning I went to log in to the forum to see if I could do anything, and my Admin username no longer exists. I'm guessing this is due to the convert error above.

Can someone please help me out with this? Thank you

Advertisement: