News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP - Converter] Kunena 3.0

Started by margarett, September 02, 2014, 08:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

It isn't unsafe ;) But if you keep two forums live, you risk having content generated in both (and then you can't really merge it...)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

snoob

ok thanks. Maybe in few weeks i will shut down the other copy of the forum.

snoob

May i know what's wrong with this?

Converting...
Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:
SELECT
m.userid AS id_member, SUBSTRING(md.username, 1, 80) AS member_name,
SUBSTRING(md.username, 1, 255) AS real_name,
IF(ISNULL(m.signature), '', SUBSTRING(m.signature, 1, 65534)) AS signature,
IF(ISNULL(m.posts), 0, m.posts) AS posts,
md.password AS passwd, '' AS password_salt,
IF(ISNULL(m.karma), 0, m.karma) AS karma_good, SUBSTRING(md.email, 1, 255) AS email_address,
SUBSTRING(m.location, 1, 255) AS location,
'1' AS is_activated,
IF (md.registerDate IS NULL, 0, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(md.registerDate)) AS date_registered,
IF (md.lastvisitDate IS NULL, 0, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(md.lastvisitDate)) AS last_login,
'1' AS hide_email,
IF(md.usertype = 'Super Administrator' OR mm.group [nofollow]_id = '8' OR mm.group [nofollow]_id = '7', 1, 0) AS id_group,
'' AS lngfile, '' AS buddy_list, '' AS pm_ignore_list, '' AS message_labels,
'' AS personal_text, '' AS website_title, '' AS website_url, '' AS icq,
'' AS aim, '' AS yim, '' AS msn, '' AS time_format, '' AS avatar,
'' AS usertitle, '' AS member_ip, '' AS secret_question, '' AS secret_answer,
'' AS validation_code, '' AS additional_groups, '' AS smiley_set, '' AS member_ip2
FROM `database_name`.ind_kunena_users AS m
LEFT JOIN `database_name`.ind_users AS md ON (m.userid= md.id [nofollow])
LEFT JOIN `database_name`.ind_user_usergroup_map AS mm ON (m.userid= mm.user_id)
GROUP BY m.userid
LIMIT 0, 500;
Caused the error:
Unknown column 'md.usertype' in 'field list'

snoob

Quote from: margarett on January 31, 2015, 09:43:19 AM
It isn't unsafe ;) But if you keep two forums live, you risk having content generated in both (and then you can't really merge it...)

Is't ok if i will just lock the kunena forum before i remove it. So we can still copy whatever post that will be gone in converting

snoob

Quote from: snoob on January 31, 2015, 09:48:31 PM
May i know what's wrong with this?

Converting...
This query:
SELECT
IF(ISNULL(m.karma), 0, m.karma) AS karma_good, SUBSTRING(md.email, 1, 255) AS email_address,
'1' AS is_activated,
IF (md.registerDate IS NULL, 0, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(md.registerDate)) AS date_registered,
IF (md.lastvisitDate IS NULL, 0, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(md.lastvisitDate)) AS last_login,
'1' AS hide_email,
IF(md.usertype = 'Super Administrator' OR mm.group [nofollow]_id = '8' OR mm.group [nofollow]_id = '7', 1, 0) AS id_group,
'' AS validation_code, '' AS additional_groups, '' AS smiley_set, '' AS member_ip2
FROM `database_name`.ind_kunena_users AS m
LEFT JOIN `database_name`.ind_users AS md ON (m.userid= md.id [nofollow])
LEFT JOIN `database_name`.ind_user_usergroup_map AS mm ON (m.userid= mm.user_id)
GROUP BY m.userid
LIMIT 0, 500;
Caused the error:
Unknown column 'md.usertype' in 'field list'

It's  ok now. I just reinstalled everything including my xampp. But im still curious what happened here.

snoob

I'm still not yet done with my convertion of my kunena (canada -sample). At first it was all fine up to the point that i uploaded it already to my live host and convert my other the same  kunena forum(italy) except they are from different country but i didnt upload it to the live host. I restore my old kunena(canada) to my site because i need to figure out how to fix or install the gallery plugin. But now i tried to install again the kunena(canada) on my local host from my latest download of my akeeba back up. Then i converted it successfully to smf but when i tried to log in,  I cant log in even i  changed the password at the database table. And when i tried to explore the other tables. I saw the users of my other kunena(italy) inside the table. Im confused what happened? Can the members of kunena/smf(italy) will able to access the kunena/smf(canada) if i just ignored that which are two different forums? Please help me how to access the admin because even im done converting, i cant log in.

The bad thing is im already done. I was just going to fix the gallery then all those problems came up.

snoob

I tried to repeat the process but i still cant log in even i changed the password at the table. When i tried to reinstall everything , i tried not to change the prefixes and let jml and smf_ remain. I checked the prefixes in the database, i didnt see the smf_  but what i saw is the smf prefix from my other country's forum which i used before when i tested it on xampp. I'm confused. I even tried the sql file uploaded around october and not from the first post.

margarett

Now I'm confused :P

I have the feeling that you might have swapped databases or prefixes or...

The converter has no idea what's the purpose of the data it's converting. So if you got data from "italy" but wanted "canada" I can only assume you gave it the wrong database or prefix...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

snoob

I just ignored it and tried to just let the suggested remain. Just like jml in restoring my kunena and smf_ installing smf

MM617

Nice tool! :D

I'm facing a little problem though, I'm running Kunena 3.0.5 on my Joomla, now we are switching to SMF because it offers us much more pssibilities.

I followed the instructions and the conversion succeeded, but now on my SMF forum I get a blank page I did various refreshes and hard refreshes sometimes it shows up with the message I have to re-enter my password because of the security reasons.. but then again returns a blank page..

What could be causing this issue?

margarett

Check your server logs. Also check the table smf_log_errors via phpmyadmin.
Let us know if you find anything worth mentioning ;)

PS: welcome to SMF ;)

MM617

I just checked the smf_log_errors table, it contains the 3 following lines:

I didn't find my server logs yet since I have no clue where they are located, I'll get back to that ;)

margarett

Nothing too much there, nothing that would cause your issues ;)

Do you have a file called error_log somewhere in your forum folder?

MM617

I checked my root, my joomla, forum & subfolders but it seems there's no error_log file in any of these.. Might a re-install of SMF help?

margarett

No, not really...

A white page is usually a PHP error. Check with your host where to find PHP's error log

MM617

I contacted my host, they gave me a piece of code to add to the htaccess file to display the errors on screen when something goes wrong, but that doesn't work either.. they told me the htaccess could be cached so I cleaned the serve cache and it still doesn't appear, if that's the case they told me to look into my CMS system because it might override the settings.. but I enabled error reporting in Joomla and still no errors are displayed so I'm pretty lost now ???

MM617

Quote from: MM617 on February 25, 2015, 07:56:41 AM
I contacted my host, they gave me a piece of code to add to the htaccess file to display the errors on screen when something goes wrong, but that doesn't work either.. they told me the htaccess could be cached so I cleaned the serve cache and it still doesn't appear, if that's the case they told me to look into my CMS system because it might override the settings.. but I enabled error reporting in Joomla and still no errors are displayed so I'm pretty lost now ???

I didn't find a way to edit the previous message so I'm sorry for the double, I figured out something new though.. I noticed that the passwords of all users are changed to a long slug of text, I changed mine in the table and I managed to log in succesfully after logging in everything works like a charm.. then I asked my girlfriend to take a look and she got the blank page.. the error log of the forum shows nothing, I did all the maintenance and that worked well too.

margarett

The passwords are copied directly from Kunena/J! to SMF so there is no interaction in the converter about that.

If you use J! up to 2.5, SMF will recognize the password directly. Starting from J! 3.0 the password hashing was changed in J! and SMF does not recognize them anymore. So everyone needs to reset their passwords in order to login. It shouldn't cause a white page, though :( just a failed login

QuoteI noticed that the passwords of all users are changed to a long slug of text
No "serious" software stores the passwords in plain text. That would be a humongous security hole. If you go and see your password now in SMF table, it will be hashed again.

What J! version are you coming from?

peer79

I'm transferring my kunena 3.07 forum to smf, and tried to convert the data with this converter.
Got the database info working, but when converting I'm getting this error.

This query:

SELECT
    '1' AS is_activated,
    '1' AS hide_email,
    IF(md.usertype = 'Super Administrator' OR hxxp:mm.group [nonactive]_id = '8' OR hxxp:mm.group [nonactive]_id = '7', 1, 0) AS id_group,
    FROM `4718estafette`.jos_kunena_users AS m
    LEFT JOIN `4718estafette`.jos_users AS md ON (m.userid= hxxp:md.id [nonactive])
    LEFT JOIN `4718estafette`.jos_user_usergroup_map AS mm ON (m.userid= mm.user_id)
    GROUP BY m.userid
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Table '4718estafette.jos_user_usergroup_map' doesn't exist

Should I make an new entry in the 4717estafette database? or should I exclude something in the converter? I don't know :$

Advertisement: