News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[WIP - Converter] Kunena 3.0

Started by margarett, September 02, 2014, 08:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

Hi and welcome to sm.org ;)

I never saw that :o

Which J! version are you using? That table is a Joomla table, not Kunena's...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

peer79

I'm on joomla 2.5.27

PHP gebouwd op    Linux web18 3.16.0-33-generic #44~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 13 10:33:29 UTC 2015 x86_64
Database versie    5.1.73-0ubuntu0.10.04.1
Database collatie    utf8_general_ci
PHP versie    5.5.9-1ubuntu4.7
Webserver    Apache
WebServer naar PHP interface    apache2handler
Joomla! versie    Joomla! 2.5.27 Stable [ Ember ] 30-September-2014 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform versie    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
Gebruikersagent    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0

margarett

It's strange, because I developed the converter using exactly J! 2.5.something...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

peer79

I finally did the convertion, installed smf on the new location, installed the same joomla version, copied the kunena directory to the new site, inserted the kunena tables from the database and run the converter.
The only issue is now that the atachements are missing, due to this error.
open_basedir restriction in effect.
The host has open base_dir disabled, is there a way to insert the attachements?

margarett

Well, the files really have to be copied...

Your open_basedir is not disabled... It if was, you wouldn't get that error...

Your only possibility is to install SMF in the same folder as Joomla... Then the open_basedir protection should give you no problems.
Then after the conversion you move SMF's files to their final location and run repair_settings to fix the paths ;)

peer79

I tried the opposit, joomla is installed with an folder named joomla within the same folder as smf.
Also copied the kunena folders directly into the smf folder, and tried to run the converter, still the same error.

margarett

OK, let me try to understand...

When the converter starts, do you see a warning "The converter detected that your host has open_basedir enabled on this server.  Please ask your host to disable this setting or try moving the contents......" in the converter itself?

Also, where did you see the error "open_basedir restriction in effect"?

blix

Hello and thanks for reading...

is there any way to convert kunena 4.0.11 to smf?

Advertisement: