2.0.9? Wut?

Started by Ninja ZX-10RR, September 04, 2014, 03:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

As the subject says I can see that we are running SMF 2.0.9... I will be probably the first one who noticed it and probably the announcement will come in a few minutes/hours after this topic... But I wanted to ask anyway :) Is that a typo or you skipped 2.0.8 completely (just a quick upgrade before upgrading again)? The copyright still says 2013 though... At least in Italian. EDIT: yep it's only in Italian, in English is updated ;)
Also, will you publish a changelog with the issues that have been patched so that we can see your hard work and thank you once again for it? :D
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

No, 2.0.9 would have been installed after 2.0.8, after 2.0.7-fixed was installed here yesterday evening.

I would expect it is being run here for testing before being launched properly.

A changelog has *always* been published. Hint: downloads page.

Kindred

;D   yup, Arantor - we're trying to make sure this release gets done properly. :D
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

I very much approve of this. ;D

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Arantor on September 04, 2014, 05:11:41 AM
No, 2.0.9 would have been installed after 2.0.8, after 2.0.7-fixed was installed here yesterday evening.

I would expect it is being run here for testing before being launched properly.

A changelog has *always* been published. Hint: downloads page.
Yeah I knew this I was asking if it was really coming and from what I can see it is so... YEEEEE :D hope it will be released soon :D you can mark it as solved Kindred ;)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Masterd

I've been expecting news about 2.0.9 ever since K@ revealed that it was coming. This is certainly suprising. 

Arantor

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Then the following version will be 2.0.10 and that can be deceivingly look alike 2.1.0. :)

Arantor

That wasn't a problem with 1.0.10 vs 1.1.0.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Indeed it wasn't. I was just guessing that the users curiosity may grow bigger at that particular time.

live627

Steve

Anything particularly exciting in 2.0.9? :P

Ninja ZX-10RR

Well I guess they will pubish their changelog in due time ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hm, any security holes?

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Two minor ones. Yes, I know what they are, I'm the one that reported them. Are they especially serious? No, especially since I haven't seen either being exploited.

Kindred

it will all be clear in the release statement and changelog when the official release is made...

until then, just relax - if there was anything critical, we would be moving faster.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

It was just a simple question. It's not like I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for it to be released lol ... I know how you guys work and it's one of the main reasons I switched to smf. ;)

Advertisement: