2.0.9? Wut?

Started by Ninja ZX-10RR, September 04, 2014, 03:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Can I say that I feel somehow safe? :) Nice to see that you are both testing this release and also nice to see that you are always watching our back or at least you are trying to. Many thanks for that.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kelsie

So are the holes going to be fixed eventually, or is it not worth the time to try to fix until it becomes exploited or what?

Steve

I think you're misreading the thread. The update includes bug fixes and the closing of two minor security holes.

That's how I read it anyway.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Antes

Quote from: Kelsie on September 06, 2014, 03:54:00 PM
So are the holes going to be fixed eventually, or is it not worth the time to try to fix until it becomes exploited or what?

Do you know any? We can't fix something we don't know right?, so yes it needs to be exploited in some place to be known.

Kindred

Quote from: Kelsie on September 06, 2014, 03:54:00 PM

I am confused.

What holes do you know about in 2.0.8?
We have had two reports of minor issues (minor because they are not technically able to be exploited under normal circumstances - but we're fixing them anyway)

If you actually know of any holes or reports of holes in SMF 2.0.8, I would ask you to submit a security report.
http://www.simplemachines.org/about/smf/security.php

otherwise, we will complete the release of 2.0.9 when it has been confirmed tested and stable.
There will be an official announcement when that happens. Until then, just sit back and relax. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Just to clarify since there is a question mark here.

I know of 2 holes in 2.0.8. I reported both, and both should be fixed in 2.0.9. Neither hole has, to my knowledge, been exploited either.

Advertisement: