News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Quote,Modify,Remove Post,etc Placement?

Started by GenesisMUGEN, September 05, 2014, 02:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GenesisMUGEN

First off sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, though i think i got it right...

So my site's theme came with its own Display.template.php which has been a bit problematic for me and my members, and i had someone familiar(to an extent) with php take a look and they weren't able to do much. A few moments ago i got the bright idea to just take the one from the core theme and edit that. That worked to an extent,and i got to move stuff around the way i like, but now above posts i have a positioning issue.

How would i go about making these display horizontally instead of vertically?

How it looks in the php file right now

// These are some cache image buttons we may want.
$reply_button = create_button('quote.gif', 'reply', 'quote', 'align="middle"');
$modify_button = create_button('modify.gif', 'modify', 'modify', 'align="middle"');
$remove_button = create_button('delete.gif', 'remove', 'remove', 'align="middle"');
$split_button = create_button('split.gif', 'split', 'split', 'align="middle"');
$approve_button = create_button('approve.gif', 'approve', 'approve', 'align="middle"');
$restore_message_button = create_button('restore_topic.gif', 'restore_message', 'restore_message', 'align="middle"');

$ignoredMsgs = array();
$removableMessageIDs = array();

Would removing/changing that bar that separates the buttons from the post be hard? Ideally i'd like to add a red bar like on the left....but horizontally obviously).

Sorry if im asking for too much

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

You do it by changing its stylings in index.css. By default theme, it is display horizontally. So you can simply copy its stylings if you want to.

The line is under .inner class. border-top: 1px solid #99a;. Change #99a to red or other color that you want.

Antechinus

It's the quickbuttons class. The ones shown in the shot aren't floated, which is why they are stacking vertically. Look it up in the default css.

GenesisMUGEN

Sorry for being such a noob.....
I see the areas you spoke of but both have float there. Quite frankly, they look exactly the same in both css files

Illori

did you really use the file from the core theme? try from the default theme unless you are sure your theme is based on the core theme.

GenesisMUGEN

i tried the one from the default theme but that caused placement problems with the userinfo (post count,custom profile fields, etc)

the forum's theme was too complicated to edit which is why im trying to use the file from the core theme.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

No, it's not unless you don't know what you are doing. You must celarly outline what do you really want to achieve. Then, check whether that can be done with css without affecting the template file.

From the first look, your picture do not show the default curve or core theme. That is almost like some other theme to me. Unless the theme purely based on standard css, it won't be easy to help without a link  to your site.

Advertisement: