Developer and Cust badges missing from team page

Started by Arantor, September 06, 2014, 05:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Both the dev and cust badges are missing from the team page. As per dev console, both badge images are returning 404s. See attached. (Yes, it's OS X, deal with it ;D)

Burke ♞ Knight

mashby

Hmm...I'm still seeing them. Maybe I need more beer to not see them?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

Strange, like I said, I noticed the missing badges, just for those two teams, on two browsers.
Try clearing your browser cache, then see if they still show.

Suki

Quote from: mashby on September 06, 2014, 06:09:13 PM
Hmm...I'm still seeing them. Maybe I need more beer to not see them?

Confirmed, with enough beer you begin not seem them.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Burke ♞ Knight

Here are 2 shots from FF 32...

For those that may not see what we are talking about, look at the red boxes where team badge should be.

Irisado

Tested on Firefox 32 with Windows Vista, and I can see the badges.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Burke ♞ Knight

mashby

Arantor's firebug suggests an inline style. I don't see that. Image comes from a style.
.team #dev {
    background: url("http://media.simplemachinesweb.com/images/badges/badge_dev.png") no-repeat scroll 98% 15% rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
    color: #e85c00;
}
- James M. Barrie

Burke ♞ Knight

Here is what firebug shows me:

Under html:
<dl class="team">
<dt id="dev" style="height: 50px; background-image: url("http://www.simplemachines.org/about/badges/smfbadgedev2.jpg");" title="">Developers</dt>

Under style box at right:

element.style {
    background-image: url("http://www.simplemachines.org/about/badges/smfbadgedev2.jpg");
    height: 50px;
}
#secondarybody dl.team dt {
    border-bottom: 1px dotted #aaa;
    font-size: 1.3em;
    font-weight: bold;
    margin-bottom: 0.4em;
    padding: 0 0 0.4em;
}

With this part striked out:
.team #dev {
    background: url("http://media.simplemachinesweb.com/images/badges/badge_dev.png") no-repeat scroll 98% 15% rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
    color: #e85c00;
}
body, td, th, tr {
    color: #444;
}
body {
    font: 78%/130% "Verdana","Arial","Helvetica",sans-serif;
}

Kindred

BK...   teach your mother to suck eggs?

Of course we checked after clearing the cache. :P

still can't recreate the issue.

It's not that we doubt you (so there was no need for the screen shot) it's just that it appears to be perhaps a single server that is failing to provide the images (?)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

LiroyvH

I've tried it with 3 different browsers (Chrome, Opera, Firefox), being served up by any of the servers possible... And it is impossible for me to reproduce this in any way. It always works.

You got some weird browser extension running? (Eg; can you see it in your browser's safe mode?)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Burke ♞ Knight

Possible, but the comment you made, (Especially, since my mother died a couple months back, and comments like that are a little touchy to me) was rather unnecessary, as you also, have made such "suggestions" when they would appear obvious to others, and I also went and tried clearing my browser's cache even after asking you all.

Now as to the issue, you may have a good point, that could be, but I can't say for sure, not knowing SMF's server setup. :P

Core, my IE has no addons installed.

Arantor

Both Chrome and Safari have the same behaviour for me with no browser extensions loaded in either case.

In the case of the dev badge, it appears - and subsequently disappears when the secondary image fails to load, as per the 404s reported in my first post. Both browsers show this behaviour.

Justyne

Quote from: CoreISP on September 06, 2014, 07:24:38 PM
I've tried it with 3 different browsers (Chrome, Opera, Firefox), being served up by any of the servers possible... And it is impossible for me to reproduce this in any way. It always works.

You got some weird browser extension running? (Eg; can you see it in your browser's safe mode?)

No I don't, and I have the issue too. If you want me to try run anything or so just say.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

mashby

Tried in 5 different browsers, some where I'm logged in and some where I'm logged out. I never get this rendered:
<dl class="team">
<dt id="dev" style="height: 50px; background-image: url("http://www.simplemachines.org/about/badges/smfbadgedev2.jpg");" title="">Developers</dt>

That would certainly make the stylesheet reference get overwritten. I guess being on the team, we don't get inline styling like that maybe? I was going to try to have some wine to see if that made them disappear.
- James M. Barrie

Burke ♞ Knight

I never thought of that. The only people that seem to see them, are team members.

mashby

What does it look like if you use a browser where you're logged out? Or log out of the one you're using?
- James M. Barrie

Burke ♞ Knight

Showed to guest in Chrome for me...

As soon as logged in, they poofed.

Advertisement: