News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Extraction of Members Usernames Without SQL Access?

Started by Witch-king of Angmar, September 07, 2014, 09:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Witch-king of Angmar

Hi guys,

I am looking for way to extract all usernames from memberlist without access to MySQL.

Any ideas how to do it? Is it possible to give some parameter to memberlist via URL to show more than 50 records per page and then copy whole table to excel for example?

Thank you very much for any idea!

Deaks

this is quite impossible to do without access to mysql, sorry, it would also pose a security issue.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

margarett

Actually I seem to remember a mod or a discussion about a mod that allows this...
Can't find it, though... :(
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

Oh... It would not be difficult to write an extract mod, your do all the SQL commands in the php file instead of in MySQL, just a pain for something which is better done in other ways.

Actually, I think this would be rejected from the mod site as a major potential security hole
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

I don't actually see it as a security hole if exposed in the admin panel, actually. The information is already available anyway in almost all cases; just not in automated ways.

I'm seriously debating writing such a plugin as a paid mod (which will also discourage those who want to use it for nefarious purposes in my experience)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

I'd hope most mod authors could get this one right, actually. Basic permissions checks are not hard to do in SMF:

isAllowedTo('admin_forum');

Done. Secure :P

There's other things to protect against, of course, but that's the sort of thing you'd have to deal with. The real complexity, such as there is any, ultimately comes down to exposing things like custom fields as well.

Advertisement: