Improving SEO with related posts mod / internal linking

Started by tclane, September 08, 2014, 03:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tclane

I've been thinking about installing a related posts mod to build my forum's internal links and I was wondering if anyone who has installed a related posts mod has seen an effect on their site's SEO? 

Night09

Internal links will help as long as you set them up correctly.  Try not to link back to the homepage or contact us page as theyre both top level which you are trying to avoid. You need the links to be going to deeper content on the site so the search engine believes the information in the link is relevant to the post. The more pages of content and links the quicker it can improve your ranks too and also help distribute authority to deeper linked pages. 

Dont use image links unless theyre tagged properly. If you do use them explain as if the person hasnt got a clue what the picture is. Search engines can only go off what you tell them.

123hhy.jpg   or    blue_lake_in_sunny_july.jpg

Google will interprate both of them as links but no one will be searching for 123hhy so it may never be seen to be ranked. You should see some analyctics changes within a month or so if you set them up right.  Im not an expert but do work with a few types of monetised sites so it may save you $9.97 for a PDF. :)

Advertisement: