News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Wordpress Shared Login

Started by MarkJ, September 09, 2014, 03:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkJ

All I would like to achieve is shared login really.  To get both to store membership details on registration would be a bonus but I could do that manually I think.  Any good tutorials or hacks for this please?

kat

Kindred

There is supposedly one WP bridge - although from the recent complaints, I get the idea that it doesn't work all that well...
There are overlaps between variables in WP and SMF.

in short...... why do you want to do that?

Is your site a community/forum or a blog?
If it's intended to be a community, then use SMF -- you can do just about everything with SMF that you could with WordPress without worrying about bridges and issues from that...
If it is intended to be a blog...   then why bother with a forum?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MarkJ

Quote from: Kindred on September 09, 2014, 06:06:41 AM
There is supposedly one WP bridge - although from the recent complaints, I get the idea that it doesn't work all that well...
There are overlaps between variables in WP and SMF.

in short...... why do you want to do that?

Is your site a community/forum or a blog?
If it's intended to be a community, then use SMF -- you can do just about everything with SMF that you could with WordPress without worrying about bridges and issues from that...
If it is intended to be a blog...   then why bother with a forum?

WordPress has a lot of amazing plugins - WordPress Arcade for one, and also the Skysa Toolbar works with WordPress offering all sorts of apps such as chat / video chat with users being logged in automatically.  It would be great to be able to add the smf forum to this list as the forums that you can use with WordPress tend to be a tad slow.

Arantor

djohns

This SMF-WP bridge was updated 01 Jan 2015, if anyone is interested.  Or, perhaps it's a new bridge with an old name.  I have not tried it, myself:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp2smfbridge/

Advertisement: