How do I remove the bold from the category bar?

Started by dopeitspaul, September 09, 2014, 06:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dopeitspaul

Hey everyone, I'm trying to remove the bold on the category name. I want to see how it would look. But I had no luck on finding a solution. I tried checking the "cat_bar" "catbg" from the index.css too but couldn't find an answer. Anyone know a solution?

Here's an image to get familiar of what I'm talking about

Thanks!

kat

As that's a custom theme, you'll get better help from the theme's support topic, to be honest.

On the theme's download page, look for "Comment on this theme?" (You'd think it'd say "Support". I've asked for that to be changed, to no avail). Click on that and you'll get taken to it's support topic. :)

dopeitspaul

Quote from: K@ on September 09, 2014, 07:12:58 AM
As that's a custom theme, you'll get better help from the theme's support topic, to be honest.

On the theme's download page, look for "Comment on this theme?" (You'd think it'd say "Support". I've asked for that to be changed, to no avail). Click on that and you'll get taken to it's support topic. :)

Sorry, forgot to mention. I'm using the curve theme.

Kindred

firefox+firebug is your friend...  it not only tells you what the CSS reference is, it tells you what file that reference is called in.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mashby

this might work:
Find this:
/* Styles for rounded headers.
------------------------------------------------------- */
h3.catbg, h3.catbg2, h3.titlebg, h4.titlebg, h4.catbg
{
overflow: hidden;
height: 31px;
line-height: 31px;
font-size: 1.2em;
font-weight: bold;
}

Replace with this:
{
}
h3.catbg2, h3.titlebg, h4.titlebg, h4.catbg
{
}
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

dopeitspaul

Quote from: Kindred on September 09, 2014, 01:48:07 PM
firefox+firebug is your friend...  it not only tells you what the CSS reference is, it tells you what file that reference is called in.
I will go ahead and give this another shot. I downloaded it earlier but had no luck.

Quote from: mashby on September 09, 2014, 02:20:09 PM
this might work:
Find this:
{
}

Replace with this:
{
}
h3.catbg2, h3.titlebg, h4.titlebg, h4.catbg
{
}

Didn't work, thanks though.

Quote from: K@ on September 09, 2014, 02:33:41 PM
That screenshot's not Curve...

Trust me, it is. I've been editing it. Colors, sizes, icons, etc

ARG01

.table_list tbody.content td.info a.subject {
    color: #d97b33;
    font-size: 110%;
}

To

font-weight: normal;
}
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

dopeitspaul

Quote from: SimpMode on September 09, 2014, 03:11:25 PM
}

To

}

Didn't work, sorry. What that did was made the name of the board name normal weight not the category name.

dopeitspaul

Here's what I noticed,

I deleted everything on the index.css to see if the category name would remove the bold. But still it didn't. I'm assuming this can't be accomplished in the index.css

mashby

Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

margarett

You can go directly to BoardIndex.template.php, find this:
<tbody class="header" id="category_', $category['id'], '">
<tr>
<td colspan="4">
<div class="cat_bar">
<h3 class="catbg">';

And replace with:
<tbody class="header" id="category_', $category['id'], '">
<tr>
<td colspan="4">
<div class="cat_bar">
<h3 class="catbg" style="font-weight:normal">';
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ARG01

Quote from: dopeitspaul on September 09, 2014, 03:15:51 PM

Didn't work, sorry. What that did was made the name of the board name normal weight not the category name.

Sorry, my bad. Too many cooks I guess. If margarett's solution doesn't suit you;

{
}
'

to 

{
}

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

dopeitspaul

Quote from: SimpMode on September 09, 2014, 04:27:48 PM
Quote from: dopeitspaul on September 09, 2014, 03:15:51 PM

Sorry, my bad. Too many cooks I guess. If margarett's solution doesn't suit you;

{
}
'

to 

{
}

Thank you, it worked!

This whole time I thought there was a "font-weight: bold" or "<strong> </strong>" somewhere that was causing it.

ARG01

QuoteThis whole time I thought there was a "font-weight: bold" or "<strong> </strong>" somewhere that was causing it.

It was the "font-weight: bold" and mashby was on the right track from the start. Unfortunately simply removing it may not work as it may inherit the bold from others by association. Setting it to "font-weight: normal" is the preferred solution imo.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Just sharing my thoughts for the above solution. Please bear with me. ;)

Actually, as you may already know, the above mod will change every h3.catbg, h3.catbg2, h3.titlebg, h4.titlebg, h4.catbg to normal font instead of bold through out your forum. That IMO is what mashby is indirectly trying to tell you in his suggestion.

But if you need to target only certain area like category title only, then Kindred advice should be taken seriously. At least that what I do in all my mods that are using css.

In this case, if you inspected the said element, you will find that you can narrow it down to #boardindex tbody.header h3.catbg. Then just add the said with at the end of your index.css file. Like this:
#boardindex tbody.header h3.catbg { font-weight: normal; }

This way it will affect only category header but not the others, not even Info Center. Using specific approach like this you can mod almost all targeted area specifically without affecting others. You only customize it further to cover more areas if you need more. Like to cover header of and in the Info Center only as well. Like this at the end of your index.css file:
#boardindex tbody.header h3.catbg, .roundframe .innerframe h3.catbg, #upshrinkHeaderIC .title_barIC h4.titlebg { font-weight: normal; }

But if you need all to be the same, through out the forum, then the already given mod is the answer. Except, you have a choice whether to change or not change the said line. Just add your modded css at the end of your index.css file like this:
/* This is my custom mod for forum styling */
/* No more bold in header */
h3.catbg, h3.catbg2, h3.titlebg, h4.titlebg, h4.catbg { font-weight: normal; }

This is just for a sake of discussion and knowledge sharing. There is other approach as well but that could be seen in my mods that require css styling. But that can be discussed some other time.

Sorry if this is bothering. Just thinking this might be of "extra" assistance. ;)

Advertisement: