News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Customizing the Title

Started by Tedg, September 09, 2014, 10:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tedg

The Forum is new, and I am a newbee.
SMF 2.08
redframer.com/Forum

Our brand is redframer, with the red d.

Is it possible to effect this in the title of the Forum?

br360

You can make an image you would like to use for your forum title. Save it, then upload it through a photohosting site. Then go into Admin>>Configuration>>Current Theme>> and where you see "Logo image URL:", put the code to the image logo there.

mashby

Welcome to SMF. :)

That would be very possible. However, before we go down that path, I'm wondering if the default theme is the one you want? Seems like a good red theme would fit in well with the red concept of the d and the word red as well.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Kindred

but, to do it in text... not quite so easily.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

mashby

Quote from: br360 on September 09, 2014, 10:47:11 PM
You can make an image you would like to use for your forum title. Save it, then upload it through a photohosting site. Then go into Admin>>Configuration>>Current Theme>> and where you see "Logo image URL:", put the code to the image logo there.

While that would work. Why put the image on a photohosting site? :) Seems like if you already have a site, why not put it there where you have ultimate control of it.
- James M. Barrie

br360

Very true. That is a better way to do it; just figured it would be easier for someone to do the outside image hosting as opposed to having to upload a file.

I guess it would suck one day though when someone logged into the forum and saw this as the forum title. ;)

ARG01

Quote from: mashby on September 09, 2014, 10:50:15 PM
While that would work. Why put the image on a photohosting site? :) Seems like if you already have a site, why not put it there where you have ultimate control of it.

Exactly. I created a folder called site_imgs and host all of my non SMF theme related images there.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Tedg

Many thanks. That did the trick. I'll mark this as resolved.

I would love to use a more appropriate theme, or modify this one. But holy cow it is near impossible to browse the themes.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

mashby

- James M. Barrie

Ninja ZX-10RR

The old 'pal inferno :) that's awesome yeah
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Tedg

Thanks for the tip to dzinerstudio. Their work looks professional and it is relatively easy to browse their work.

I didn't mean to be so negative about the themes area. I just found it did not work for my purpose, which was seeing what each theme actually looks like.

This is the friendliest community. Thanks again.

Arantor

All themes should have a small picture of what it looks like, most themes should have a larger equivalent showing them off.

I know at one time there was actually a demo site for all the themes but SMF was never designed to have that many themes and it had some interesting side effects that caused it to be taken out of service for a time.

ARG01

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 16, 2014, 11:15:48 PM
The old 'pal inferno :) that's awesome yeah

Inferno is our most popular 2.0 theme. Current downloads - 23,303 and counting. 
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Ninja ZX-10RR

There is a reason for it, it's just awesome I love that too. Unfortunately I can't install it (coz of my 100+ mods) but sometimes I just go to stare at it e.e

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: