News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

IP checking at Project Honey Pot

Started by Auke, September 09, 2014, 11:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auke

Not a mod request (yet ::)), but a question: would it be possible for a mod, that when a potential new forum member is trying to register, his IP address and email address are automatically checked with the addresses known to Project Honey Pot? If yes, would it also be possible to check for the number of times these addresses are reported at Project Honey Pot?

Thanks in advance for answering. :)

Auke

Auke

Sorry for this late reply, I've lost my internet connection and will need to purchase a new one. Thank you for the link to this mod. In the coming days/weeks, I will try to install a HoneyPot and this mod. I just hope the warning pages are available in both Dutch and French.

Auke

Arantor

Honestly I have no idea about that, I'm afraid :(

Auke

Kindred

the bad behavior mod also includes the httpBL/honeypot integration
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Auke

I just had a look at the Bad Behavior mod, and it is apparently available in English and Spanish. For my forum, real users who somehow appear as bots to the mod should, next to English, be able to read instructions in Dutch and French. Any texts aimed at the administrators (like installation procedures) may be in English, but future members should be able to chose their language. I can provide Dutch translations, as long as I don't have to search in the code to find the English texts. My French is not sufficient.

Please let me know if there are options here.

Auke

Kindred

there is no need to search any code.

all text strings are stored in and called from a single language file -- like everything else in SMF.

translate it to your desired language(s) as badbehavior.YOURLANGUAGE.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Auke

Thank you, I will have a look at that. In a thread on the mod httpBL I understood that I actually had to translate texts in the mod itself. Maybe I misunderstood.

Kindred

you did.

We never approve mods that have hard coded strings.
Слaва
Украинi

Auke

This is the thing I meant. Looks like code to me. Oh well, I'll try the thing you mentioned when I got more time.

Arantor

Yes... how else would one get the translation into the code that uses it? (Yes, there are solutions by way of things like gettext and Transifex but neither are especially suitable in this situation)

Auke

Ehhh?

Do I understand that you guys are saying opposing things? Kindred says one does not have to translate words in the code while Arantor says one does?

Maybe someone can pick the English from the mod, put in in a Word file, let me do the translation to Dutch and then put it back in? ???

Arantor

No, we're not saying opposing things at all.

In some code, the language stuff is layered inside the code itself. In SMF, all language stuff is stored together where it can be relatively easily translated.

Honestly, though, I really don't see why it's so hard. You can see the text that's required. Just translate the text and someone else can do the mangling of putting it into code (and honestly it's not even that hard to do it yourself)

Branko.

Quote from: Auke on September 30, 2014, 11:54:54 PM
...For my forum, real users who somehow appear as bots to the mod should, next to English, be able to read instructions in Dutch and French...
Quote from: Auke on October 02, 2014, 07:22:35 PM
Maybe someone can pick the English from the mod, put in in a Word file, let me do the translation to Dutch and then put it back in? ???
To translate this mod completely there are actually 2 different things which need to be translated:
- The sentences inside the mod's configuration (which only admins can see) translated only for english,english_british,spanish_es and spanish_latin (look in languages_utf8.xml)
- The sentences inside the warning page (which everybody with a bad IP will see) already fully translated for dutch and french

Download the file language_full_2-5-1.zip and read carefully the included file How_to_install.txt
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Advertisement: