News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

1.1.19 PHP 5.5

Started by Jakobwolff, September 10, 2014, 08:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakobwolff

My forum is running on 1.1.19

What will happen when my host are changing to PHP 5.5 this month ?

and what should i do

Arantor

You should upgrade to 2.0.8 (or 2.0.9 if it's out by then)

SMF 1.1.19 will not be supported properly by PHP 5.5, and no the team will not fix that. That was a discussion held months ago and absolutely nothing has changed to change that situation (speaking as one of the people who made SMF 2.0 work properly on PHP 5.5...)

margarett

It will break. There is a fix somewhere on the forum so it is possible to work.
But your error log will be flooded with php warnings...

If your host is to upgrade to php 5.5 then an upgrade up 2.0 is more or less mandatory...

Edit: ninja'd
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

There's a fix other than backporting 2.0.8 to it/

Jakobwolff

margarett

No, that's not it :P

Running 1.1.x on php 5.5 breaks the forum completely. There is a fix somewhere that fixes (a fix that fixes... Duh! :P ) whatever fatal error occurs, then what's remaining are the zillion warnings about deprecated functions.

At least my 1.1.19 does run in my local xampp with php 5.5 :/

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

it was posted in the team boards, and it does not fix all the issues just enough to get it running for testing.

margarett

Kindred

In other words -- if your host has upgraded to php 5.5+, you *MUST* upgrade your forum to 2.0.8 or higher.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

richwig83

Phew... glad i read this.  :laugh:

We are currently 1.1.19 also with outdated mysql.

Upgrading to v2.0.8 first then upgrade the mysql. Fingers crossed

Advertisement: