PHPBB 3.0.12 to latest SMF

Started by nodamnclue, September 10, 2014, 02:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nodamnclue

Hi,

i am trying to convert a PHPBB 3.0.12 on a MySQL(i) 5.5.34-MariaDB-cll-lve to a SMF 2.0.8.

I started the conversion process using smf_2-0_phpbb3_converter, and the first duplicate key i was able to resolve. (purge users with 0 posts) After that, everything went fine untill converting posts:

Converting...
Converting posts...
Duplicate entry '3581' for key 'PRIMARY'

What can i do to resolve this? Is there a SQL statement for me to identify? (When i run SELECT * FROM `phpbb_posts` where post_id = '3581' i get only 1 hit.)

Grtzzzzz bellie

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

nodamnclue

Hi,

i started from the beginning, and got this with the ranks:

This query:
DELETE FROM `*username*_forum`.smf_membergroups
WHERE groupName LIKE 'phpBB %';
Caused the error:
Unknown column 'groupName' in 'where clause'

used the same convert.php, downloaded phpbb3_to_smf.sql from http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=508551.0 .

margarett

Oh, didn't see that coming :P
I need to check on the computer and be back ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

nodamnclue

maybe it has something to do with the fact that the first conversion run was ended half way, and this new script wants to begin from the start. I see all kind of _SMF tables in the PHPBB database, maybe delete that ones to start fresh?

nodamnclue

hehe, dropped those conversion tables and i got:

Unsuccessful!
This query:
SELECT value
FROM `deb52898_forum`.smf_settings
WHERE variable = 'attachmentUploadDir'
LIMIT 1;
Caused the error:
Table 'deb52898_forum.smf_settings' doesn't exist

Guess the script does not auto restores itself..

margarett

No. You need to remove all SMF tables and reinstall it.

Later I'll explain how it works ;)

nodamnclue

guess so, so i just did a new install of the basic forum.

got this one again:

Converting...
Converting ranks... Unsuccessful!
This query:
DELETE FROM `*username*_conv`.smf_membergroups
WHERE groupName LIKE 'phpBB %';
Caused the error:
Unknown column 'groupName' in 'where clause'

(the original version of the *.sql gets me untill the post section, this one does not like the ranks section :P )

Update: the script says groupName , and the column in the database says group_name, you are sure this is the correct version of the SQL corresponding with the latest version of SMF?

margarett

Yeah, I'm now looking at it and it seems this converter that I pointed you has several issues with column names, I'm sorry :( (It seems to use the names from 1.1.x)

So, back to the original converter :P
If you don't have more than 1 post with same ID, then I'm stomped, sorry. The easiest way to do that is to instruct the converter to ignore duplicates.
Find:

/******************************************************************************/
--- Converting posts...
/******************************************************************************/

TRUNCATE {$to_prefix}messages;

---* {$to_prefix}messages 200
---{
$ignore_slashes = true;

Add after:
$ignore = true;

nodamnclue

that seems to work, thanks!

allthough it takes a while, 250.00 of 893.000 done after half an hour..

margarett

893.000 posts? :o Now that's something big ;)

Yeah, it will take a while. If you happen to have another issue that cause you to restart the converter, you can edit this line:
---* {$to_prefix}messages 200
And increase that "200". It will hammer your server a bit more but should make it faster ;)

Advertisement: