News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Having a mare with 2.0.8

Started by martincorneuk, September 11, 2014, 10:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martincorneuk

Hi I'm trying to upgrade to 2.0.8 from 2.0.5 ( iirc)

I've downloaded the .zip file and unzipped it.
I've then FTP'd the unzipped files and directories to the /httpdocs/  directory , which is my forum's root directory (apparently)
I've changed the permissions of the files to 755
I then point my browser to www.myforum/upgrade.php  ...... it then just seems to sit there at a blank screen. Doesn't barf and say it can't find the file or the permissions are wrong or anything.... it just sits there ... I'd expect some output to know when it's finished.

What am I doing wrong?

Martin

margarett

You need to check your php error logs to find out what's causing a fatal error.

If unsure, ask you host for some help ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Burke ♞ Knight

You did not have to do this routine to update from 2.0.5 to 2.0.8
You could have done so through your package manager.

Upgrading SMF

martincorneuk

Quote from: BurkeKnight on September 11, 2014, 10:55:22 AM
You did not have to do this routine to update from 2.0.5 to 2.0.8
You could have done so through your package manager.

Upgrading SMF
Flippin heck ! That was easy !!! Many thanks !!

martincorneuk

I have the SMF up to 2.0.8 but apparently the DB is still at 2.0.4 ....

I got this 

"Table './gt_forum/smf_ban_items' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
File: /var/www/vhosts/myforum.org/httpdocs/forum/Sources/ManageMaintenance.php
Line: 620

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.8, while your database is at version 2.0.4. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php."

I have tried to run upgrade.php and it seems to find it but then I just get a white screen as per my original post.....

kat

Ignore the note about versions. It's fibbing. ;)

Try repairing the database, in CPanel>Databases.

If that doesn't sort it, give your host a nudge.

martincorneuk

Quote from: K@ on September 15, 2014, 05:28:36 AM
Ignore the note about versions. It's fibbing. ;)

Try repairing the database, in CPanel>Databases.

If that doesn't sort it, give your host a nudge.
Cheers ... I don't really get any options to "repair the database"
If I log in as the admin, Forum Maintenance, Database .... I can "Optimize all tables" ( done) , backup  or convert to UTF-8 ...
Or is the CPanel on my Hosting site?

kat

Sorry... I should've been more clear. You don't want the SMF Admin panel. You want your site's CPanel (Or equivalent).

If you're not sure about that, your host will point you to it. :)

If you can get to the SMF admin panel, there's a "Repair" option, in Forum Maintenance. I have doubts that that would cure this, though. Might be worth a try, though, if you can get to that.

Night09

Look on your forum under Admin > Maintenance > Routine for more options.

Kindred

Night09....   No.   Repairing the database is not done from smf admin. It is done from the HOST Cpanel
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Night09

Yes phpmyadmin gives direct database access but there is also the setting in the Admin panel to find and repair any errors and clear the logs ect to see if they reoccur.

Illori

if you can not access the admin panel because of the error that does not help. you need to use phpmyadmin or the hosts control panel to repair the database.

Night09

Quote from: Illori on September 15, 2014, 07:04:04 AM
if you can not access the admin panel because of the error that does not help. you need to use phpmyadmin or the hosts control panel to repair the database.

My mistake must have misread the post.

Advertisement: