News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Big Board Approval

Started by richwig83, September 12, 2014, 06:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richwig83

Can someone please approve my request please?

Thanks
Rich

richwig83

Arantor

Because there's only a few people that can, and surprisingly enough people who are volunteers don't spend all their waking hours here since by definition they're doing it in their spare time.

richwig83

Quote from: Arantor on September 12, 2014, 10:36:00 AM
Because there's only a few people that can, and surprisingly enough people who are volunteers don't spend all their waking hours here since by definition they're doing it in their spare time.

I don't really understand why its a private board anyway.

... the support i have received on here has been pretty good so far... just a bit at a loss to as why it takes days to get approval.  :-\

Need support for the Sphinx search engine  :)

Arantor

It's a private board because if it weren't, there would be a lot more people asking for support for things they can't possibly use, nor is it any relevance to them anyway.

live627

Quotejust a bit at a loss to as why it takes days to get approval
Possibly because it's mentioned only in a weekly, not daily, digest? I'm not very familiar with unapproved posts.

Arantor

It's not done with that at all, it's done with the group membership system. I don't even know off hand if that sends out emails...

live627

Dunce hat, please?

I didn't realise this was a group in question.

richwig83

Quote from: live627 on September 12, 2014, 10:43:04 AM
Quotejust a bit at a loss to as why it takes days to get approval
Possibly because it's mentioned only in a weekly, not daily, digest? I'm not very familiar with unapproved posts.

Me neither.... its not something we implement on our own forum.

Arantor

Yup, big board access is handled through requesting the big board membership in profiles.

I don't use it either so I have no practical experience of it and I don't remember the code there well enough to remember its actual behaviour (even though I part-rewrote it in 2.1)

Illori

Quote from: Arantor on September 12, 2014, 10:44:01 AM
It's not done with that at all, it's done with the group membership system. I don't even know off hand if that sends out emails...

there is an email in the templates for it, but i have seen multiple people report they have not received such email.

Advertisement: