News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

IPB 2.1.7 to SMF 2.0

Started by gsveagle, September 13, 2014, 05:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsveagle

Hi guys

I'm trying to convert my IPB board to SMF.

I curremtly have it running on a free webhost so that I can play with it before tackling the real database.

When I start the conversion it straight away gives me an error when trying to convert members

Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

I looked through the sticky and tried using the invision21_to_smf.sql that is in that thread and it gave me several lines of this

Notice: Undefined index: member_name in /home/u390592818/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 1260

Notice: Undefined index: real_name in /home/u390592818/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 1261
Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

Can any one help?

gsveagle

UPDATE

I went through the sticky again and realised I wasnt using the convert.php from the thread so I upload that.

Now it gives me this error

Converting members... Unsuccessful!

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'memberName' in 'field list'

margarett

You should try with the converter from our downloads page. That's the proper one for SMF 2.0
http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=invision
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

gsveagle

I tried that first which gave me the first error in my first post

I then tried the sql from the sticky which gave me the second error in my  first post

I then tried the convert.php from the sticky which gave me the  error in my 2nd post

margarett

You shouldn't use the converter from the sticky (neither convert.php or the .sql file) as they are meant for SMF 1.1.x.
* margarett should really go ahead with the the reorganization of this board...

Anyway, I have 0 experience with IPB so I need to take a look at the converter and this board for similar issues...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

gsveagle

So should I install SMF 1.1.x and convert to that and then upgrade from 1.1 to the latest

Will that be a better route to take?

margarett

That can be a possibility, but not one that we want to recommend you to take. 1.1.x is near EOL and in some setups (PHP5.5+) it doesn't even run anymore...

I would like to debug and fix whatever is wrong with the converter...

Advertisement: