News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Newsletter Not Working

Started by jriani, September 13, 2014, 03:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jriani

Hi all,
I've been trying to send a newsletter from SMF to a group with only 1 user in it, however the percentage increase only ever so slightly by 0.01% every refresh or so. I've checked all my error logs (all from SMF, PHP, and Apache) and nothing seems to triggering any problems. I receive emails when users signup on the forum and users are getting their confirmation emails. Any ideas?

Mstcool

What's the point of using the newsletter feature to email one user.  Just email him/her individually.  :P

jriani

Quote from: Mstcool on September 14, 2014, 11:15:26 PM
What's the point of using the newsletter feature to email one user.  Just email him/her individually.  :P

There is no point except to test the newsletter so I can send to 100's. If the newsletter won't send to 1 person is certainly isn't going to send to 100's. I just did this test to rule out any spam filtering.

Ed2

Ed2

After sending an email..it counts down then this screen shows up VERY BRIEFLY

kat

Quote from: jriani on September 15, 2014, 05:03:56 PMI can send to 100's.

You probably won't be able to, easily, as most hosts set limits on such things. :(

Just as off-the-wall thing... In the newsletter settings, in the curiously named "Advanced" section, have you selected "Override Notification Settings:"? If the member has selected not to receive such things, they won't go through, unless that's selected.

Ed2

Quote from: K@ on September 16, 2014, 07:20:22 AM
Quote from: jriani on September 15, 2014, 05:03:56 PMI can send to 100's.

You probably won't be able to, easily, as most hosts set limits on such things. :(

Just as off-the-wall thing... In the newsletter settings, in the curiously named "Advanced" section, have you selected "Override Notification Settings:"? If the member has selected not to receive such things, they won't go through, unless that's selected.

Let me jumpin "yes" that blockis checked...

jriani

Decided to go with PHPList for newsletter business and added a trigger so updates of `smf_members` updates PHPList automatically.

Ed2

Quote from: jriani on September 28, 2014, 11:32:03 AM
Decided to go with PHPList for newsletter business and added a trigger so updates of `smf_members` updates PHPList automatically.

Found this link concerning PHPlist any other out there?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=509982.msg3597361#msg3597361

jriani

Quote from: Ed2 on September 28, 2014, 01:23:08 PM
Quote from: jriani on September 28, 2014, 11:32:03 AM

Found this link concerning PHPlist any other out there?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=509982.msg3597361#msg3597361

I tried that but the trigger is causing a lot of warnings to pop up in syslog. I could write a script that gets kicked off with cron to sync the tables. Or maybe when people confirm their email I can add a hook in SMF script to add the email to PHPList. I read that triggers can be slow anyway.

Does anyone know what script is called when a user confirms their email address on SMF?

Advertisement: