News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Menu and touch support

Started by konstantinos2424, September 14, 2014, 07:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

konstantinos2424

Hello, I encounter a problem when I browse my forum using my android phone or windows tablet. When I click on the menu in order to show the dropdown menu it just redirects me. For example if i want to click on the error log at the admin menu instead of opening the dropdown menu it redirects me to the admin panel! Is there any solution? Thank you!

-Captain Ghost-

Arantor

Does it do it on this forum? (Trying to rule out custom themes vs the default theme)

In theory it should not trigger the link until it's a double-tap since the first tap should trigger hover state.

NanoSector

It does the same on my phone, on this site. However, SMF 2.1 fixes this by introducing a new menu system handling touch events correctly.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

-Captain Ghost-

Quote from: NanoSector on September 14, 2014, 08:35:47 AM
It does the same on my phone, on this site. However, SMF 2.1 fixes this by introducing a new menu system handling touch events correctly.
Any solution till smf 2.1 is coming?

NanoSector

Unfortunately, not that I know of. Some custom themes may have this issue fixed with a cusom menu system, but I don't know which.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Kindred

use one of the mobile friendly themes, maybe?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Chalky

Or stop faffing about with Android and use Apple  :P O:)

Arantor

Quote from: Chalky on September 14, 2014, 08:50:04 AM
Or stop faffing about with Android and use Apple  :P O:)

Another fellow member of the Cult of Mac, I see ;D

Chalky

margarett

This was discussed here some months ago. Android devices handle the menu differently from Apple devices.
A user fixed it by giving a null link to the top menu.

If only I could find the topic...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

I can beat apple products...   with a sledgehammer and a baseball bat... :P
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Chalky

That's fine, one less person to race for an Apple Watch  :P

Kindred

rotfl...  welcome to last year for android users---  Samsung has had an android watch for over a year...
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

Yes, and it's not actually very good...

-Captain Ghost-

Quote from: margarett on September 14, 2014, 09:02:40 AM
This was discussed here some months ago. Android devices handle the menu differently from Apple devices.
A user fixed it by giving a null link to the top menu.

If only I could find the topic...
Yes i agree with you and i had been waiting for your reply

Mstcool

Quote from: Kindred on September 14, 2014, 09:33:30 AM
rotfl...  welcome to last year for android users---  Samsung has had an android watch for over a year...

It's time to Android to sue apple this time XD

On topic: I don't have this problem,  maybe cuz I use a mod.  Try the menu editor lite by labradoodle.  I use it. And it works perfectly fine. 

Arantor

Apple has never made a thing of being first to market. They come to market second, only doing it with style and flair and having figured everything out from watching everyone else screw it up the first time.

Chalky

So?  People were reading books before e-readers were introduced. Which has the better technology?  ;). Android can list fancy features all it likes but until it can do them well there's really nothing to brag about  :P

Advertisement: