News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom BBCodes Manager

Started by dougiefresh, September 14, 2014, 03:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ariescapes

Excellent! What's the best quick edit for the fix so I don't have to re-install?
@dougiefresh

dougiefresh

In Sources/Subs-CustomBBCodes.php, look for this line:
$tag = stripslashes($row['tag']);
and move it above this line:
if (!file_exists($boarddir . '/Themes/default/images/bbc/' . $tag . '.' . $ext))

ariescapes

Perfect! It works great! Thank you. :D

chrishicks

I was wondering if anyone had a code to create a [pdf] tag that I could use. I know there's a PDF mod but I'm hoping since I already have this installed I can do it here. Thanks in advance.

dougiefresh

Something like this should work for the HTML:
<iframe src="http://docs.google.com/gview?url={content}&embedded=true" width="500" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Can't give you the bbcode type, though....  Haven't had time to research it yet, as I'm working too many hours....

jfleming40

Could someone help or point me in the right direction regarding creating a BBCode to embed clips from hxxp:xboxclips.com [nonactive] or hxxp:xboxdvr.com [nonactive]?

dougiefresh

Quote from: jfleming40 on January 06, 2016, 09:53:54 AM
Could someone help or point me in the right direction regarding creating a BBCode to embed clips from XboxClips.com or XboxDVR.com?
Based on what I can see at the XboxClips site, it looks like an iframe might work there....  You might be able to use this:
<iframe src="{content}/embed" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Where {content} is the XBoxClips or XBoxDVR URL....

jfleming40

It's not working. This are my settings. Are these correct?

dougiefresh

No.  The first field is the NAME of the new tag you are creating.  In this case, it is xbox.  Nothing else goes on that first line.  Other than that, it looks right.....

dougiefresh

Quote from: jfleming40 on January 06, 2016, 09:53:54 AM
Could someone help or point me in the right direction regarding creating a BBCode to embed clips from XboxClips.com or XboxDVR.com?
Silly me...  Just created a bbcode mod to address this idea....  :P Embed XBox Video BBCode

jfleming40

SirAlahn

Hey there, I recently installed this mod on my forum, which is running SMF 2.0.11. I'm having some trouble in that the tags I'm trying to make are saving as the improper tag type.

I'm trying to create a tag using the type Unparsed Equals -- (the [tag] format according to the mod). When I save the tag, however, the type is getting saved as Parsed Content ( [tag=xyz]parsed content[/tag] ) instead, and thus changing the output. This is occurring even though the Tag Type on the Custom BBcodes page is still listed as Unparsed Equals. Furthermore, the BBcode Usage on that same page is displaying the type as Unparsed Content. Since I'm not sure if this explanation is clear, I've also included a screenshot of the Custom BBCodes page for reference.

I would appreciate any potential assistance with this issue, since I'm not sure how to even approach fixing it.

-Rock Lee-

@dougiefresh He had a doubt whether the .xml file only do a whole or not what will decide as you see so you will leave the 2 versions of Latin Spanish ;D thanks for all that hard work 8)

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

kherezae

Hello! This is a terrific mod, thank you so much for sharing it!

I seem to be having trouble getting a custom code to work correctly when the image bbcode is used within the content of the custom bbcode. I used the parsed equals tag type. It works perfectly for posts with bold, italics, font sizing, etc bbcode inside them, but if I try to put an image within the content, it just ends the tag above the image.

I'm sure this is probably just user error on my part, but do you have some idea what could be causing the problem or how I could fix it?

Thank you!

dougiefresh

@Rock Lee: Your translations have been included for the next release!  Thank you!

@kherezae: Without knowing what bbcode you are trying to do, I cannot help you without more information....

nemwar

Hi Everybody,

i installed this mod to build an PokeDex for PokemonGO ...

As you can see in the attached picture i get it to work, so that the image is shown and is centered to the text.
But, there is something i don't understand i hope it can improve what i want.

Example BBCode:

[ABC=xyz][/ABC]   -   Can i use the xyz to add some more?

It would be fantastic if it would works nearly this:

[ABC=123,bug,attack25][/ABC]

And it brings up:

Picture of the Pokemon (this is working well) and then WP: 123, Type: Bug, Attack: 25

I hope it is understandable, because my englisch is not the best at all.

Thanks
NemWar

You like Guild Wars?
You still play Guild Wars?
Then you may like to visit my website:
Guild Wars Characters Reloaded

dougiefresh

About a month ago, I've lost my job and have been severely depressed.  I need some help, so if you want to help, please do so!

I've uploaded this mod to GitHub here: https://github.com/douglasorend/Custom_BBCodes_Manager

dougiefresh

Uploaded v2.2 - September 26th, 2016
o Added Spanish Latin translation by Rock Lee [BC].

@Rock Lee [BC]:  Thank you for the language files!  Sorry it took so long for me to include your language files into the mod...

aegersz

A SENSATIONAL idea for a mod ! ... and as it happens, I have been wanting a FLASH or BLINK BBCode for ages. Can you please supply your HTML code for this so i can try the mod out and implement your BLINK ?

i want to plug in the code as soon as you can furnish the details.

I have some javascript that works in a HTML page but don't know how to convert it into a BBCode. if your source works then i'd like to run it, please.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Arantor

There is a reason the blink HTML tag was removed by browsers, it's a horrible user experience.

Advertisement: