Custom BBCodes Manager

Started by dougiefresh, September 14, 2014, 03:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgn4web

Quote from: dougiefresh on September 30, 2014, 12:48:53 PM
Hopefully, this updates solves all reported issues, with exception of #2 in this post....
You might have forgotten the remark about post previews not translating the custom bbcodes...

dougiefresh

Quote from: pgn4web on September 30, 2014, 01:10:38 PM
You might have forgotten the remark about post previews not translating the custom bbcodes...
Yeah, you're right....  I forgot that one....  I've looked through the code today and I honestly don't understand why you don't see the preview for the bbcode you created....  Will look some more tomorrow, but I'm tired and it's almost bedtime....

gnowak

I am trying to use this for youtube integration as I have done in the earlier Custom BBCode mod.

My HTML is:
<iframe frameborder='0' height='315' src='{content}' width='420'></iframe>

The output is:
<iframe allowfullscreen='' frameborder='0' height='315' src='<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6LDxNyYfag" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6LDxNyYfag</a>' width='420'></iframe>

This obviously fails because the {content} which in this case is an URL is translated by SMF to include <a href... am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

In addition I found that if I use multiple {content} strings in the html code, only the first {content} is parsed.
Curriculum Vitae [nofollow]

dougiefresh

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.  Things have been hectic around here.

Hmmm...  Lemme think on how to resolve this.

gnowak

Thanks for the answer and your time.

My current work around is:

Manage Posts and Topics -> Bulletin Board Code Settings -> deactivate Automatically link posted URLs

But this breaks all automatic links in the forums unfortunately.

dougiefresh

I've been thinking about this problem for the last few days and have come to the conclusion that the only way I'm going to get the multiple {content} thingys to work properly is to rewrite the mod.... and it'll be a big rewrite  :(

gnowak

:-(

What do you think about the automatic URL-handling?

Thanks for your time!

dougiefresh

I think automatic URL handling is a nice feature when it works properly..... and it obviously doesn't in this case....

Burke ♞ Knight

When trying to do a closed bbc, since there is no content being added in the post, am I right in assuming that we replace the {content} fully with what we want to show, when the tag is used?

If so, when save, does not work, and when go back in to edit it, the "The HTML used for the tag:" box is empty.

dougiefresh

Sorry to have responded so late to your reply....  This mod will be getting a redesign in the coming week or so in order to fix these problems....

pgn4web

Is the plugin supposed/expected to be compatibile with the upcoming smf 2.1 release?
The plugin info page only mentions 2.0.x

dougiefresh

This mod should work on 2.1 without much, if any, modification as it relies on hooks to implement it.....  I will change all my mods to work with 2.1 eventually...

Arantor

Why are people so desperate for mods to work on 2.1?

It's a beta version and I would strongly caution mod authors against spending too much time making mods work on a beta version when major changes will likely occur before RC. It was bad enough during the 2.0 RC phase, speaking as someone who had to spend a number of hours every single RC making changes for each mod - even the ones that used hooks.

mark87

Trying to make a highlight text bbc code but can't get it to work using this HTML <span style="background:yellow">{TEXT}</span>

However doing so creates the word text in yellow before the area I am trying to highlight..also tried <span style="background-color: #FFFF00">{TEXT}</span>

Tried it as parsed ..unparsed etc. Any suggestions would be great

mark87

Quote from: mark87 on December 26, 2014, 03:40:18 PM
Trying to make a highlight text bbc code but can't get it to work using this HTML <span style="background:yellow">{TEXT}</span>

However doing so creates the word text in yellow before the area I am trying to highlight..also tried <span style="background-color: #FFFF00">{TEXT}</span>

Tried it as parsed ..unparsed etc. Any suggestions would be great
fixed it !!!  Thank you for the mod !

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

br360

Quote from: Steve on December 26, 2014, 04:50:25 PM
What was the solution?

My guess is that where the code said {TEXT}, he deleted that and added the {content} in its place.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

dougiefresh

To me, it sounds like people are using the syntax of phpBB's custom bbcode manager and expecting it to work here....  Sounds like I've got a job ahead of me to adapt it to a "more like phpBB"-style bbcode manager.....

mark87

This is what worked
Quote<span style="background-color: #FFFF00">{content}</span>

Advertisement: