News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Custom BBCodes Manager

Started by dougiefresh, September 14, 2014, 03:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

420Connect.co.uk

Just to update on that, I noticed I had 1.7 installed but after uninstalling & upon trying to install 1.8 I'm getting:

3.   Execute Modification   install.xml      Modification parse error
4.   Execute Modification   install.xml      Modification parse error

Also, manual parsing seems to be failing too?  ???
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

dougiefresh

Quote from: 420connect.info on April 23, 2015, 01:47:50 PM
Undefined index: area
for this line in /Sources/Subs-CustomBBCodes.php

if (($_GET['area'] == 'featuresettings' || $_GET['area'] == 'postsettings') && (isset($_GET['sa']) && $_GET['sa'] == 'custombbc'))
This bug was actually fixed as of the version 1.8 mod release.

Quote from: 420connect.info on April 24, 2015, 01:19:51 PM
Just to update on that, I noticed I had 1.7 installed but after uninstalling & upon trying to install 1.8 I'm getting:

3.   Execute Modification   install.xml      Modification parse error
4.   Execute Modification   install.xml      Modification parse error

Also, manual parsing seems to be failing too?  ???
Oh, dear....  I apologize about that!  I must have missed the fact that I renamed the install.xml file to install_20x.xml, in light of the fact that SMF 2.1 doesn't need these changes....  I'll upload an updated mod in a few minutes.... 

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.9 - April 24th, 2015
o Fixed package-info.xml so that it refers to the install_20x.xml file, not install.xml.

420Connect.co.uk

Much appreciated dougie,

Many Thanks! :)
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Schachazubi

Thank you for your Great Mod, your hard Work to solve the Bugs and for your Time you spend on this Mod.

Thx 2 pgn4web, too, cause his PGN Viewer is simply the Best (thx!!!) - and on his Website, he gives the Advise to install this BBC-Manager.

That way, i got two very great Features at once, Hand in Hand.

Greetings, Schachazubi

dougiefresh

You're both welcome!  I hope you find this mod very useful....

Schachazubi

Onle little question, ^^

I sorted my common BBC Bottons in Sub-Editor.php.

But how can i change the position of the Manager-Coded Buttons? I didn t find something in the Sub-Editor.php.
I know the BBC-Manager Buttons are generated from the MySQL-DB.

Greetings, Schachazubi

dougiefresh

Currently, there is no method to customize where the custom bbcode buttons are placed.  Let me see what I can do.

Schachazubi

Thank you, but i dont want to steal your time.

I only wanted to know how to do. Actually, it s ok to me, the way it looks like:

dougiefresh

It wouldn't be "stealing" my time.  My custom bbcode manage isn't exactly friendly, as it has a steep learning curve to it.  Documentation on the SMF bbcode parser is kinda scarce, so it's worth my time to rewrite the mod (obviously retaining compatibility with older versions of the mod) to make it more user-friendly.... 

One of the features I can definitely look into is how to rearrange the bbcode buttons.  While I haven't done something similar, surely it can't be that difficult.  But at the moment, it's not a "high-priority" mod to update until I get a few other mods updated for SMF 2.1 (which this mod currently will work with) and/or necessary features added...

Walks Tall

Sorry to be a nuisance, I am testing this with a test site running 2.1 Beta1 and cannot figure out what I may have done wrong.

I imported the package and the system seemed to be fine with it but when I navigate to Features and Options/Custom BBCodes I am just seeing a duplicate of the Features and Options/General page.

Is there something else I should have done for this to be working on 2.1 Beta1, I realise you have a lot on your hands and do thoroughly regret troubling you.
Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man,
whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another,
thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

dougiefresh

Quote from: Stogie Dog on April 28, 2015, 05:01:12 PM
Sorry to be a nuisance, I am testing this with a test site running 2.1 Beta1 and cannot figure out what I may have done wrong.

I imported the package and the system seemed to be fine with it but when I navigate to Features and Options/Custom BBCodes I am just seeing a duplicate of the Features and Options/General page.

Is there something else I should have done for this to be working on 2.1 Beta1, I realise you have a lot on your hands and do thoroughly regret troubling you.
This is interesting....  I can confirm this bug report.  Let me look into this one, cause I thought I had it working right before I posted it....

Walks Tall

Quote from: dougiefresh on April 28, 2015, 06:34:10 PM
This is interesting....  I can confirm this bug report.  Let me look into this one, cause I thought I had it working right before I posted it....

Ah, so good and bad, good I'm not going completely bonkers but bad I have raised a problem, sorry for the inconvenience but thank you kindly for looking into this, very much appreciated.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.10 - April 28th, 2015
o Added online version check to the Custom BBCode settings page.
o Readded install operations for SMF 2.1 so that Custom BBCode area shows up.

Walks Tall

Good heavens, that was incredibly fast, absolutely stellar support for your mod's, I am very much impressed and thank you kindly for doing this.

May I trouble you with a question, I have installed your image float mod as you know, it would be more than a trifle of a boon if I were able to add a couple of additional BBCodes so installing this could very much be of benefit. Should I uninstall the image float mod first, bit of a mystery to me all this coding stuff, I'm pretty good with carving pipes but coding leaves me in the dark, I a guessing not installing the image float mod before installing this may cause problems, am I a mile off in my guess there.

Thank you once again for your excellent work.

dougiefresh

Both mods should work together without conflict.  If there is a conflict (which I can't imagine how they might conflict), then let me know what is happening and I'll see what I can do.  Be aware that the custum bbcodes manager cannot modify an existing bbcode....

Walks Tall

Quote from: dougiefresh on April 30, 2015, 08:50:52 AM
Both mods should work together without conflict.  If there is a conflict (which I can't imagine how they might conflict), then let me know what is happening and I'll see what I can do.  Be aware that the custum bbcodes manager cannot modify an existing bbcode....

I had no conflicts but for the interim I have uninstalled the Manager, oh my was I not prepared for the fantastic level of awesomeness found in your mod, did I mention I was kind of backwards when it comes to coding and computer stuff. I was kind of hoping for a simpleton mod like that found in the phpBB BBCode function, just a real simple name the BBCode add the replacement html and you're done. Totally not prepared for needing to understand what those options are all about, hmmm, I can see your mod is absolutely fantastic but a trifle more complicated than I was hoping for. I shall stick to the simple image float and your youtube BBCode mods for now, ah which reminds me, a little question on that one for which I shall run along now to the appropriate thread to address that.

Thank you once again for your time and patience, very much appreciated.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.11 - May 1st, 2015
o Modified code to correctly reflect custom bbcode icon requirements for SMF 2.1.

gorbi

Hi! I want to make a button for Facebook. Here's the test script.

[html]
<div class="fb-post" data-href="http://www.facebook.com/FacebookDevelopers/posts/10152128760693553" data-width="500"></div>
[/html]

How to write it down by using the {content}?

gorbi

I have one more question - how to manage the location of the new button?

Advertisement: