News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom BBCodes Manager

Started by dougiefresh, September 14, 2014, 03:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schachazubi

Quote from: dougiefresh on April 28, 2015, 04:00:29 AM
Currently, there is no method to customize where the custom bbcode buttons are placed.  Let me see what I can do.

Replace {Content} with your Code, for the Facebook-Button. Dont forget to upload it with a 23x22px Button.

gorbi

Schachazubi

dougiefresh

Quote from: gorbi on May 06, 2015, 12:14:21 AM
Hi! I want to make a button for Facebook. Here's the test script.

[html]
<div class="fb-post" data-href="http://www.facebook.com/FacebookDevelopers/posts/10152128760693553" data-width="500"></div>
[/html]

How to write it down by using the {content}?
I would use this html code:
<div class="fb-post" data-href="http://www.facebook.com/FacebookDevelopers/posts/{content}" data-width="500"></div>
where {content} is the Facebook post ID you want to include.

Quote from: gorbi on May 06, 2015, 03:12:26 PM
I have one more question - how to manage the location of the new button?
At this time, there is no way to manage where the button is placed by the mod.

gorbi

I use for facebook
<div class="fb-post" data-href={content} data-width="500"></div>.
for twitter
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="ru"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"></p><a  href={content} ></a>
</blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>.

dougiefresh

Quote from: gorbi on May 08, 2015, 09:04:22 AM
I use for facebook
<div class="fb-post" data-href={content} data-width="500"></div>.
for twitter
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="ru"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"></p><a  href={content} ></a>
</blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>.

Frankly, I wouldn't suggest using {content} in place of the URL.  It provides too many opportunities for users to abuse the forum for their own purpose and not as the bbcode was intended.  It would be less problematic to use this:
<div class="fb-post" data-href="http://www.facebook.com/FacebookDevelopers/posts/{content}" data-width="500"></div>
and use only the Facebook post ID as your bbcode content.  I would suggest the same for the Twitter post IDs.

gorbi

Quote from: dougiefresh on May 08, 2015, 09:44:15 AM
Frankly, I wouldn't suggest using {content} in place of the URL.  It provides too many opportunities for users to abuse the forum for their own purpose and not as the bbcode was intended.  It would be less problematic to use this:
and use only the Facebook post ID as your bbcode content.  I would suggest the same for the Twitter post IDs.
Yes, it is true, but many users have a stereotype insert video service Urls

nomadikhan

I didn't see this particular error mentioned anywhere else in the thread.

Everything works fine with the mod with exception to deleting a tag...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function remove_gif_from_themes() in /home/content/63/11766663/html/Sources/Subs-CustomBBCodesAdmin.php on line 138

Is that something on my end or the mod's end?  When I installed every test was successful before installation.

nomadikhan

Quote from: nomadikhan on May 24, 2015, 08:57:21 PM
I didn't see this particular error mentioned anywhere else in the thread.

Everything works fine with the mod with exception to deleting a tag...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function remove_gif_from_themes() in /home/content/63/11766663/html/Sources/Subs-CustomBBCodesAdmin.php on line 138

Is that something on my end or the mod's end?  When I installed every test was successful before installation.

Since I cannot edit my first post for whatever reason... there's another bug in the mod.  Removing a button doesn't always remove the graphic.  Also, If I've uploaded (example names) Button A but decide I'd rather use Button B and so I upload Button B to replace it... no matter what it shows Button A.  Removing, eventually it works to remove, Button A then uploading Button B only shows Button A again.

Also, when deleting a bbcode via my php panel (as the delete button doesn't work, see error in post previous post above) I notice there's no field for what graphic the button is using... would be nice to have it there so I can manually edit the image location to display the correct image if I need to.

nomadikhan

In addition to my posts above lol, no matter what tag type I select, it will not parse anything except the default type.  Therefore, I cannot use any tags that are [tag=anything]..   the only tags that seem to work are plain [tag] types.

gorbi

Who have code to make a button for Instagram? Thanks

dougiefresh

I'm sorry I haven't been able to get back to you lately, as I've been working somewhere around 100 hours in the last 10 days....  I'll look into the bug report(s) that y'all have reported....

nomadikhan

Quote from: dougiefresh on June 04, 2015, 07:39:33 PM
I'm sorry I haven't been able to get back to you lately, as I've been working somewhere around 100 hours in the last 10 days....  I'll look into the bug report(s) that y'all have reported....

Thanks so much!

dougiefresh

Quote from: gorbi on May 30, 2015, 01:59:15 AM
Who have code to make a button for Instagram? Thanks
Try this mod.  It hasn't been approved here at Simple Machines....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.12 - June 6th, 2015
o Fixed some issues with the code that adds and removes bbcode button images.

@nomadikhan:  Hopefully, this update will solve some of the problems you're experiencing.  I'm also going to start on a top-to-bottom rewrite of this mod, addressing the multiple complaints that this mod isn't "easy" to use....

nomadikhan

Quote from: dougiefresh on June 06, 2015, 04:18:25 PM
Uploaded v1.12 - June 6th, 2015
o Fixed some issues with the code that adds and removes bbcode button images.

@nomadikhan:  Hopefully, this update will solve some of the problems you're experiencing.  I'm also going to start on a top-to-bottom rewrite of this mod, addressing the multiple complaints that this mod isn't "easy" to use....

Thanks so much, will update and give it a try!

mm21xx

Heya!

Small issue up, I don't know if any of your have seen this?

I get an error like this when I try to access this specific mod:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent

Any other portions of the boards works fine.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!!

gorbi

Quote from: dougiefresh on June 06, 2015, 09:42:29 AM
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later

dougiefresh

Quote from: gorbi on June 08, 2015, 03:30:20 PM
Quote from: dougiefresh on June 06, 2015, 09:42:29 AM
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later
Attached is the mod.  Website is back up.  A fix is in the works for all mods that perform a version check in the event that this happens again....

dougiefresh

UPDATE:  :o You see, it's easier to fix other mods than it is to dive into the monster that is the SMF bbcode parser function....  But after much procrastination and the fixing of many other bug reports in other mods, the rewrite of this mod is finally beginning....

Advertisement: