Mod to allow setting of default Message Icons.

Started by richwig83, September 15, 2014, 04:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Did you hide xx.gif from the board that you want to use xx1.gif?

richwig83

Steve

I didn't see a way to do that either. Just with smileys.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Sorry for not being clear. IMO you can choose which board you want any gif to appear OR not to appear. This includes the default xx.gif.

Administration Center » Forum » Smileys and Message Icons » Edit Message Icons.

Filename: xx.gif
Board: Untick Available In All Boards and tick only the board you want it to be used.

Similarly set xx1.gif (or any other .gif) at the board you wish it to be used.

Have you tested / tried this?

Steve

Yep. I uploaded a 'add.gif', made it available in only one board, selected it as the first icon, and went to that board. The xx.gif was still the default.

As you can see, the xx.gif isn't even one you can modify (other than replacing it):

DO NOT pm me for support!

Have you disabled / unticked xx.gif from that board? See the red marks in the attached picture.

Reading it again, I think you have done it correctly but the mod still displays the current icon as xx.gif. This could be the mod bug as stated by its author in its support page. It should not be displaying xx.gif as first icon if it is unchecked from selected board or totally removed from all boards thus will be removed from the list of icons. As I have also tested this, I can say that it has failed to do so.

Reading from the mod description it should be removing xx.gif as well from unselected / unticked board(s) and current icon should be the one that the user opted. But unfortunately, it doesn't.

So sorry for this. Hopefully a new mod or and update / fix to the said mod can meet your request.

Rain Forest

Interesting topic. Hopefully there will be a 'fix' or a mod coming by to update it. :)

Advertisement: