News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

ERROR Forbidden

Started by mosravo, September 15, 2014, 05:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mosravo

Hello,
Please i need your help on this. I have a site hosted using smf, when i try login, this is the error i see. Please what may be the cause. below is the error that display as i login in.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /government/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Night09

Have you changed anything recently?  Check log errors from your phpmyadmin panel for any clues to the error. It could be a change in mod security if the host uses that. Try clear your browser cache or use another browser to try narrow it down.

Illori

you should contact your host since it is giving you a permission error.

kat

If they've upgraded a server, it might be mod_security,  as Night said. Might, also, be that you don't have full CHOWN ownership of your files, now.

Ninjad!

mosravo

Quote from: K@ on September 15, 2014, 05:22:38 AM
If they've upgraded a server, it might be mod_security,  as Night said. Might, also, be that you don't have full CHOWN ownership of your files, now.

Ninjad!

But i have access to the control panel where i effect the CHOWN by myself or is there any other super CHOWN that need to be effected?

kat

CHOWN? Or, CHMOD?

There's a big difference.

CHOWN is something only your host can set. Unless you're self-hosted?

Night09

Has the host updated anything?  As for CHMOD as K@ pointed out check your directorys set to 755 and files set to 644.

mosravo

@Night09 all my folders are set to privilege 0755 and my files are set to 0644,so what do you suggest i do? to contact my host or what? because the smf and all the changes i made are running properly on my localhost system.

Kindred

talk to your host.   You almost certainly have issues with mod_security
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

You may be able to disable mod_security yourself, in cPanel.
Under the Security area, look for: Web Security Manager
In there, look and see if mod_security is enabled for the domain the forum is on.

Ninja ZX-10RR

There is also this... http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=526748.msg3743362#msg3743362 why did you ask it multiple times? Also... The other one is a 2.0 topic while this one is a 1.1.x topic. If you are running 1.1.x you should really consider updating since 1.1.x is almost at the end of its life...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Irisado

It seems that this is being handled in the 2.0 topic, so I'm locking this.  We don't need two topics on the same issue.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: