News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Help changing font colors on "Message Index" table

Started by dopeitspaul, September 16, 2014, 04:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dopeitspaul

Hey everyone, I'm working on my Message Index template at the moment. I am using the curve theme.

I'm trying to change the topic colors for all sticky, locked, new, and regular topics.

Here's what my table looks like

Note: I only want to change the colors for the topic links, nothing else. I want to make sure the solution to this does not affect anything else in my forum. For example, if I want the topic link to be color red, I don't want other parts of my forum having the color red on the links.

Any help? thanks!

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Try adding this to the end of your index.css file #messageindex td.subject a:link, #messageindex td.subject a:visited {color:red;}

Kindred

the css that you need to concern yourself with is

these four
subject stickybg stickybg2 locked_sticky2

and then the
a:link, a:visited UNDER those...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dopeitspaul

ahrasis, I tried your method and here's how it turned out.

How do I change the color of the author's link and page number link? I don't want it red. I want it blue like the one you see on the "Last Post" section.

Kindred, I tried your method but all the links on the table turned red. Appreciate the help though thanks!

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Sorry, that code cover too much area then it supposed to. Change that code to: #messageindex td.subject span a:link, #messageindex td.subject span a:visited {color:red;}

For the page number link, try .pagelinks a.navpages:link, .pagelinks a.navpages:visited {color:use_your blue_color_code;}

dopeitspaul

Quote from: ahrasis on September 16, 2014, 03:45:07 PM
Sorry, that code cover too much area then it supposed to. Change that code to: #messageindex td.subject span a:link, #messageindex td.subject span a:visited {color:red;}

For the page number link, try .pagelinks a.navpages:link, .pagelinks a.navpages:visited {color:use_your blue_color_code;}

Thanks it worked! No need for the .pagelinks codes. The first code solved everything

Advertisement: