News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

URL Not Found When Uploading Attachments

Started by rbhamil2, September 16, 2014, 09:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbhamil2

Hi all,

This feels like a simple fix but I just can't figure it out. I'm able to upload attachments to the forum locally (when accessing it through the server its being hosted on) but when I attempt to do this over the internet I get the attached photo. Is there some firewall opening that needs to be made? I'm able to post fine over the internet otherwise; this issue only occurs when I upload attachments to posts. For reference my SMF version is 2.0.8. Also, I've checked both the apache and php error logs and they have no entries from when I try to make these posts.

Kindred

Welcome to SMF.

We'd love to help you, but you need to help us help you, with some actual information.

SMF version?
URL to your site?
URL that you use to access the site (locally?)
URL set up for the forum and for attachments in yoru SMF admin settings?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

More interestingly... attachments are never supposed to be served directly, only via index.php?action=dlattach (and some other stuff in the URL) for security reasons.

rbhamil2

Version is 2.0.8. That was in the first post :P
URL to the site is hxxp:hydroacoustics.usgs.gov/smf [nonactive].
I use the same URL to access it locally.
Not sure what you mean by URL setup for the forum, but I have all attachments enabled and extraordinarily high size limits for attachments just to make sure that isn't the issue. Should I just upload an image of my settings?

And to Arantor, not sure what you mean by that. The ending of my URL when I get the error (after I post to the forum with an attachment) is xxxxx/smf/index.php?action=post2;start=0;board=51.

rbhamil2

Oh and thanks for the super quick response guys. I really appreciate the help    :D

Kindred

I get "Service unavailable" when I use that URL
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

I would wonder if there's something funky with mod_security going on.

rbhamil2

Hmmm. I'm able to get to it. I think I had forgot to undo some changes I made in vhosts. Would you mind trying again?? '

Arantor -- Would there be a way for me to disable mod_security to see if that's the issue? I'm not even sure if it's enabled by default. I'm running xampp 3.2.1 if that helps.

Advertisement: