From Joomla 3.3.3 to current SMF

Started by lewism, September 16, 2014, 10:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lewism

Am trying to convert some Joomla sites to SMF.

Has anyone a known way of converting users from Joomla to SMF?

I am also trying to find a means to convert contained kunena 3.0.6 forums to smf as well but nothing seems to work so far.

UPDATE: To be clear... I am not looking to convert the whole Joomla site to SMF, only the user base.
This way, when a method becomes available to convert Kunena to SMF, perhaps the users will be associated with their posts as well?

Kindred

kunena forums to SMF is possible...   because it is forum -> forum.

Joomla to SMF is unlikely, since Joomla is a CMS and SMF is a forum software. The content type is completely different.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lewism

No, I am not looking to convert the whole Joomla site, just the user base to SMF so that when forums are converted, users have their accounts on SMF as well.

lewism

Maybe all this takes is using a bridge, just long enough to sync the user base? I believe that is how the bridges work?

Kindred

AFAIK, there are no current, working bridges... (and most bridges only sync the user on login)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lewism

I guess it makes me wonder why bother converting kunena unless the users will be re-created as well.

Always difficult isn't it :)

Illori

i would think the users would be converted, otherwise why convert the posts? have you tried converting to see what happens?

lewism

Yes, I've been following some threads on the site and cannot get past some errors so waiting for updates.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=527238.msg3743825#msg3743825

margarett

You should probably give me some days to update the current converter ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

lewism

Of course :).
I just thought I would continue looking in the meantime because I am not sure what is out there.

Thanks for doing this work. I am sure many will convert to smf because of this. I know I will.

Advertisement: