Where do I find my Admin Panel, LOL!

Started by Goldengirl71, September 16, 2014, 12:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldengirl71

I think I should get a prize for "most stupid question", do you guys agree? LOL!  I'll bet it is because I could not for the life of me, find how I get there, I'm sure I've been there.  Is anyone here starting to understand my username, :laugh:

Out of all the info I've written down, I don't see where I wrote down the path to get to admin panel, please, help me, LOL!! Denise

Burke ♞ Knight

When logged in, look on menu, should have button that says Admin.

Goldengirl71

Oh thanks Burke, there it is! :P

Just to let everyone know, I am working the "http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=293441.0".  I so appreciate all the info on here we can use to make our sites work well, but mostly, I appreciate the people:)  I'll be working on this step for awhile today, I imagine, so any questions regarding the server perf. and config. I will ask on this thread.

Thanks again!! Denise

Goldengirl71

Hi folks,

I am reading and re-reading the "moving of the avatar files here http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=293441.0

I want to be sure to do this right, so is there a simpler breakdown, just to be sure I do this right?

For example, my root directory is public_html, hope I have that right, all my files are in that in other words.  So I am thinking if I follow this instruction:

For Upload avatars to... select: Specific directory...
For Upload directory: put in the raw, publicly accessible server directory you want them added to ie /var/www/yoursite/docs/forums/avs

I would type in var/www/seniorsriot.com/docs/forums/avs ?  I have no clue what that var is in the beginning of path?  But is the correct to "move" the avatars?  Why does it call the new directory "raw" is it because it's new, or original?

Thanks for any help, Denise

kat

If you go to Admin>Maintenance (I think it is)>Server settings>Database and Paths you'll see the raw address, there. Look at what's in the box labelled "Sources ". If you copy/paste that into the avatar path, replacing "/Sources" with "/avs", you shouldn't be far wrong, if I've understood what you're trying to break do. ;)

Goldengirl71

LOLLLLLLL, yes, what I am trying to break K, LOL!!

Well, it is in the 24 things to keep your forum moving fast;)  I will go look, using your directions, and see if that looks feasible;) Denise

kat

I'm not entirely convinced that you'll notice much of a difference, to be honest. I sure didn't. But, hey... if you don't, you can always revert things, if needed. :) It probably depends on server configurations and stuff.

Goldengirl71

I'm backin up to my hard-drive now K, after that, I think I'll just take a break from this.  Maybe if you feel like it, you can let me know if you suggest any "proactive" adjustments to do the best I can to ensure things will go smoothly.  I kind of dread people ******in right off the bat that something isn't working right, and I know the friends I have won't hesitate to ******, LOL!!

Thanks again, talk to you later on most likely, Denise:)

kat

Goldengirl71

Will do K,

they just lay in wait don't they.  I did set up my captcha, and added questions as suggested, like "The Sun is to day, like the Moon is to ____?"  I put in 3 questions, and set it so newbies have to fill it out for their first, 3 posts.

I'll check your link though as well, I know there are probably more ways to repell them, disintegrate them, NUKE THEM!! LOL!!

Kindred

actually, that question is not very good, because it is too simple and the spambots will, 80% of the time see sun/day/moon and know the next word is night
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

or google should give the answer fairly easily. you want a question that google does not give the answer easily.

Ninja ZX-10RR

For instance something like "type the first letter of each word:"I wanna sunbath in Antarctica" so it would be "IwsiA" and similars... ;)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

If your site's kinda "Niche", you might want to use subjects that are relevant, to that?

So, for example, if your forum was based around, say, quantum theory, you could ask "When energy disperses and objects equilibrate, because of the way elementary particles become intertwined when they interact, what is this effect called?". To which the answer would be "Quantum entanglement."

:)

Advertisement: