News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Free] Current activity

Started by DrBlack, September 16, 2014, 12:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I am a little bit confused. I have edited and reedited the code but I think I was right at the first place. So I restored the firstly posted code.

My understanding was you want guest or profile owner to see only this words: nothing or nothing you can see.
Otherwise, they are not profile owner or guest, and they will see the profile owner activity.
Moderator and admin has special access so I think they'll have access to the profile owner activity.

If my understanding is wrong, please define what you want like this:
Guest =
Profile Owner =
Other Regular Member =
Moderator =
Admin =

DrBlack

thank you :) you understand me  9/10

but i want like this

Guest =he already dont have profile . but , they can see what all doing. except the ( profile owner ) if they look at it they will see ( currently : nothing , or nothing you can see )

Profile Owner = no one can see his currently . if anyone look at his profile he will see ( currently : othing , or nothing you can see )

Other Regular Member = anyone can see what they are doing ( currently ) , they can see what all doing. except the ( profile owner ) if they look at it they will see ( currently : nothing , or nothing you can see )

Moderator = anyone can see what they are doing ( currently ) , they can see what all doing. except the ( profile owner ) if they look at it they will see ( currently : nothing , or nothing you can see )

Admin = anyone can see what they are doing ( currently ) , they can see what all doing. except the ( profile owner ) if they look at it they will see ( currently : nothing , or nothing you can see )

DrBlack

Quote from: ahrasis on September 16, 2014, 03:06:34 PM
Ok. I am trying to understand your wishes.

This is the mod code that you have to change:
// Display the member's current activity
if (isset($context['member']['action']) && allowedTo('who_view')) {
echo '<dt>', $txt['current_activity'], ': </dt>
<dd>', $context['member']['action'], '</dd>';

Replace with:
// Display the member's current activity
if (isset($context['member']['action']) && allowedTo('who_view')) {
echo '<dt>', $txt['current_activity'], ': </dt>
<dd>', ($context['user']['is_owner'] || $context['user']['is_guest']) ? 'nothing or nothing you can see' : $context['member']['action'], '</dd>';

Note: I haven't tested this.

thank you
this code worked very well but ..

it appear to me ( the site owner )
Current Activity:  nothing , or nothing you can see
its good i want it to appear to me like that

but as member - guest. cant see this ( Current Activity: ) in my owner profile at all

i want it to appear to all like this ( Current Activity: nothing , or nothing you can see )

thank you for your hard work

You have to give permission to the guest. You can go to permission page via admin menu button > permissions. Then select modify for guest. Select the relevant permission and save.

DrBlack

thank you it's good

but guests saw regular members currently ( nothing or nothing you can see )

i want guests to saw what members real currently .. i want all to see all currently

but no one can see the owner currently

as i said in the post before :)

Quotethank you :) you understand me  9/10

but i want like this

Guest =he already dont have profile . but , they can see what all doing. except the ( profile owner ) if they look at it they will see ( currently : nothing , or nothing you can see )

Profile Owner = no one can see his currently . if anyone look at his profile he will see ( currently : othing , or nothing you can see )

Other Regular Member = anyone can see what they are doing ( currently ) , they can see what all doing. except the ( profile owner ) if they look at it they will see ( currently : nothing , or nothing you can see )

Moderator = anyone can see what they are doing ( currently ) , they can see what all doing. except the ( profile owner ) if they look at it they will see ( currently : nothing , or nothing you can see )

Admin = anyone can see what they are doing ( currently ) , they can see what all doing. except the ( profile owner ) if they look at it they will see ( currently : nothing , or nothing you can see )

DrBlack

i just want anyone can see what any other one doing ( his currently )

but no one can see the Owners currently ( if he look at it he see this [ nothing, or nothing you can see] )

i think its clear now

i hope someone help :d

In that case, change this part:
<dd>', ($context['user']['is_owner'] || $context['user']['is_guest']) ? 'nothing or nothing you can see' : $context['member']['action'], '</dd>';

to this:
<dd>', $context['user']['is_owner'] ? 'nothing or nothing you can see' : $context['member']['action'], '</dd>';

DrBlack

i use it ..

now members cant see my profile ( currently ) it hidden to them
i want it appear but like this

currently : nothing or nothing you can see
i hope you understand me

i hope it appear to all but constant (  currently : nothing or nothing you can see)

but now i only can see this in my profile . but members cant see this at all

DrBlack

i just want it ( anyone can see anyone currently )
but no one at all can see the owner currently
if anyone look at owner currently it will appear like this

i just want this

DrBlack

ok i will explain it 100%

see this site http://www.argonathrpg.eu

look at any online admin profile ( anyone his color Red - or Orange )

look at his Current Activity .

you will see : nothing . or nothing you can see

but look at anyone profile you will see this current activity

I conclude that the code is working fine for now except - as the owner / admin of the forum - you do not want anybody else to see your activity in the profile page, is that right? If that is true, I have to inform you that will require a bit more coding than usual.

By the way, I realized that this is already indirectly modifying if not upgrading another author's package mod. Unless somebody is willing to code that and post them here, I think it is the best for you to get support from the said mod support page.

DrBlack

Kindred

Quote from: ahrasis on September 17, 2014, 10:21:36 PM
I think it is the best for you to get support from the said mod support page.

Read the above statement...

If you have requests or questions regarding a specific mod, then please address them in the support thread for that mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DrBlack

can you give me please the link of support

Kindred

what mod are you actually using?

Go to the mod download page and click on the link that says "Support and Comments"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DrBlack

when i enter admin panel.

this current activity appear in my profile

Currently:     Unknown Action

i want know how to edit this text "Unknow Action" 
in which file + what is its directory

mashby

Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php
$txt['who_unknown'] = '<em>Unknown Action</em>';
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Kindred

However, it usually only falls back to "unknown activity" in the case of actions which have not been fully/correctly defined (e.g. a poorly defined mod)
Слaва
Украинi

DrBlack

when i go to ( admin ) panel in my forum

this appear in my profile ( currently :     Unknown Action )

this (     Unknown Action ) appear only when i log in to admin panel

how i can change this text (     Unknown Action ) in which file + what is its directory

thank you

Arantor

Can't be done without more information.

Advertisement: