News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Posting Error

Started by jimv8673, September 16, 2014, 02:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv8673

You already submitted this post! You might have accidentally double clicked or tried to refresh the page.

When i try to make a post, complete it and click the post button this error occurs, what could be causing this and how do i fix it ??

Thanx

Chalky

And have you already submitted the post?  Have you checked that your post isn't already there?  If so we need more details.

What version of SMF are you using?
What mods do you have installed?
When did this problem begin?  Presumably your forum was working well at some point so what did you change right before the problem started?  Is it only you who gets this error or your other members as well?  Every post or just sometimes?
Anything in the error log?

jimv8673

global headers and footers
when i started using the forum and making my first post
about every other post or so
members as well
nothing in the log

jimv8673

Stumped huh ?   Me too, thanks anyway  ;)

Chalky

I was just wondering (while I was eating) , if this has been going on since you installed the forum, how did you install it?  Manually or using some Softaculous/Fantastico/host's one-click thingy?

The first things to try are clearing your forum cache and renaming the cookie in Admin > Configuration > Server Settings > Cookies and Sessions.  While you're in there make sure "Use database driven sessions" is checked too....

Advertisement: