News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

H1 Tags - Blank Content

Started by tclane, September 17, 2014, 01:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tclane

A tool I used said "Your page contains H1 headings but all of them have blank content."

How/Where would I change the H1 tags?

I'm mainly interested in adding a H1 tag to my homepage.

Arantor

The forum normally uses an <H1> to contain the forum name at the top. Other themes may break this behaviour.

Your current theme's index.template.php file will contain it.

tclane

Quote from: Arantor on September 17, 2014, 06:36:05 AM
The forum normally uses an <H1> to contain the forum name at the top. Other themes may break this behaviour.

Your current theme's index.template.php file will contain it.

Thanks. Here is what is says: <h1 class="forumtitle">

So if I understand this correctly, the forum's title is inserted into the H1 tag? And if so, does that mean the H1 tag is the same throughout the forum?

Kindred

that is the CSS CLASS, not the variable...   look at the text AFTER that...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Yes, the same <h1> tag is used throughout. It is one of the things I have actually given up campaigning for change because most themes break it to put their logo there anyway.

At no point beyond the front page does the forum use the <h1> meaningfully or correctly.

Kindred

hey, that's not something you need to campaign to me...  I agree with you. On any page other than the home page, the H1 should be the primary page title (e.g. board name, thread title, etc)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

*shrug* No link in the footer generally means no support, sorry.

Advertisement: