News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Subject Alignment

Started by richwig83, September 17, 2014, 06:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richwig83

I am trying to make the "Show unread posts since last visit."   and  "Show new replies to your posts." areas more legible.

If it possible to justify the board over to the right like it is on the first post below

Thanks
Rich

Kindred

firefox + firebug is your friend for figuring out CSS adjustments...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

richwig83

Ive looked at the  code in safari and just cannot figure out where to put the text-align.  :-[

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

#messageindex td.subject p {text-align:right;} Add this code at the end of your index.css file.

Using inspect element is actually easy but you need to use some common sense. The css code will be displayed and you just need to understand the stylings used by SMF to manipulate the same.

I normally use chrome as it has a built in inspect element.

Kindred

I prefer firebug to the built in chrome inspect tool...   i formats things more nicely and lets you tweak things on your display to see what the changes will do
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antechinus

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

hey....   I like firebug. (and. while I haven't had donkey's balls, rocky mountain oysters are tasty
Слaва
Украинi

richwig83

Antechinus

Quote from: Steve on September 17, 2014, 09:28:00 AM
Quote from: Antechinus on September 17, 2014, 07:49:10 AM
Firebug sux donkeys ballz.

What do you use then? Chrome also?
No. Pale Moon (same as FF) built-in inspection thingy, and/or the Web Developer add-on for FF (works on Pale Moon too).

Advertisement: