News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Can someone please help me with the header?

Started by jaffacakespizza, September 17, 2014, 08:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaffacakespizza

i am trying to redo my logo for my website and half of it is cut out can anyone help me rectify this please.
Thanks

kat

Can you, at least, give us a URL, so that we can see what you have?

How are you placing the logo, exactly?

jaffacakespizza

my website link is http://tigressgaming.web44. net it wont let me post links. i want it to be the full picture i just called it logo.png and copied it into the files and deleted the old one. thanks for the quick reply too.

jaffacakespizza

Bump can someone please help me... i need to rectify this problem quickly. Kthnx

Steve

Bumping within less than 24 hours is going to get you admonished ...
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

and here it is...

1- do not bump topics in less than 24 hours... and certainly not after just 1 hour. This is not a "real time" support site. This is a forum - and all of us have lives outside the forum and software. We do this as volunteers.

2- I can't get to that site at all... does not resolve.

3- WHat do you mean "can't post links"   In a message?  Did you use the img and/or the URL tags in a message?
You mention logo.png -  which doesn't suggest that you are trying to post a LINK or a IMAGE... it suggests that you are trying to replace the logo image for your theme...

If you actually want help, you need to provide information.
SMF version
WORKING URL...
mods installed
ACTUAL, CLEAR statement of the problem
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

http://tigressgaming.web44 is a dodo, for me. :(

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

I just copy/pasted what he typed.

tigressgaming.web44 doesn't resolve. So, Opera tries adding the http:// too.

Neither resolve, for me.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

ARG01

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Goldengirl71

Hi K,

I pulled up the URL here: http://tigressgaming.web44.net/

I wanted to join in this discussion as I don't want to make any duplicate topic threads for you guys, you have enough work as it is helping us;)  But if you want it moved, just do'er;) 

I wanted to ask about a header I want to make, just some fancy lettering I will make for the title, Senior's Riot, and a background color, maybe texture.  I am just wondering about what size to make it.  I did trim my site down to I think it is at 70% so I don't know if my "header" needs to be those dimensions, I am thinking it does since it will not be part of the default template/theme.

So I'll toss this out and see if I hear from you, or anyone is welcome to help me, you lucky peeps.

I do see on the Tigress forum, part of his banner is missing.  I wish I could help with that but I don't know the first thing about why it might not be showing up?? But I did think maybe the blue background on the login info is overlapping the "Title" part of the Header/logo. Denise

Kindred

still can't get the domain to resolve myself...

as for your question - you really do need to open your own thread, since your question is entirely unrelated to the OP's question
Слaва
Украинi

jaffacakespizza

My query still hasn't been resolved could someone please help me resolve it half of the logo of my website is cut out.

Goldengirl71

Quote from: Kindred on September 17, 2014, 07:22:21 PM

as for your question - you really do need to open your own thread, since your question is entirely unrelated to the OP's question

Ok, will do Kindred, thank you much, Denise

ARG01

Quote from: Kindred on September 17, 2014, 07:22:21 PM

Same with me. Cant offer much with no connection.  ???
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

ARG01

Quote from: jaffacakespizza on September 17, 2014, 08:39:40 PM
its http://tigressgaming.web44.net/index.php

Nope, still nothing. "The server at tigressgaming.web44.net is taking too long to respond."

Quote from: jaffacakespizza on September 17, 2014, 08:26:33 AM
i am trying to redo my logo for my website and half of it is cut out can anyone help me rectify this please.
Thanks

All I can suggest is to check your logo size in index.css and make sure that it corresponds with the image size.  ;)

TehCraw

It worked for me.

jaffacakespizza, open Themes/blue/css/index.css and change line 3454 from "width: 350px;" to "width: 486px;"

That should work. It looks good for me when I change it in my browser.
Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand. - Martin Fowler

Advertisement: