SMF can smart search like FACEBOOK ?

Started by omg2u, September 17, 2014, 08:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omg2u

margarett

It does so in certain areas (search for members, I think that's what you're referring to), but only after you enter 3rd character.

If you want that to happen while posting, you need to use a "mentions" mod.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

omg2u

Kindred

what? ???

search for topic post?

there is no mod what will auto-complete and pre-search for posts.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

FB also quick searches members and groups only. It doesn't allow you to search your feed (or anyone else's) instantly.
A quick search in messages table (knowing it should be able to search parts of words) in the "body" field would hammer your server like hell.

I don't think you should be able to do that...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

omg2u

sorry about ex facebook

i need like hxxp:imdb.com [nonactive]
search for TOPIC only

sorry my bad eng

Kindred

basically... no.

Doing that would be a HUGE resource hog and would make your site un-usable.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Depending on the server, of course :P

Seriously, though, I don't know if any other forum software does that but think it would be a very bad idea...

Advertisement: