News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forums redirect to an old .us

Started by BahamutsBane, September 17, 2014, 11:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BahamutsBane

Hello I'm a member of a clan and our website has had two domains one being a .com and one being a .us we'll the problem is that the .us site is no longer used and hasn't been used for quite some time and all of a sudden anyone who tries to access our site is automatically redirected to the old .us domain that is no longer available is there any way to correct this so that we are not redirected to the old .us domain please help if you can.

Kindred

1- ACTUAL URLs would help
2- SMF version?
3- What is the setting in SMF admin for the forum URL?
4- do you have an htaccess file? if so, what is in it?
5- did you set up a redirect on your server/cPanel?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

BahamutsBane

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal

The current forums site is

Www.Bahamutsbane.com

While we are being redirected to old site at

Www.bahamutsbane.us

Trying to gather the rest of the information you requested

Kindred

right...   so, just by looking at the .com site, I can tell you that you have the SMF installation set up to use the .us url...

change your SMF settings (I suggest using repair_settings.php) http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

BahamutsBane

Changed the Forum URL to hxxp:bahamutsbane.com [nonactive] but still doesn't work.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

kat

The new site has a new database, with the new host?

If so, check the database name/username/password are correct.

BahamutsBane

margarett

Then you need to check the database details first. Check with your host if unsure.
Whatever you write in the database configuration should be correct. If it was and it isn't anymore, you changed something that you shouldn't :P

Compare Settings.php with Settings_bak.php
You should have different database settings.

DO NOT post any content of Settings.php here!
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: