News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Approved Posts

Started by meemzo, September 17, 2014, 02:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meemzo

What is the process of creating a membergroup that needs posts approved?  Not banned just new members needing approval until they have made at least 3 posts.

Kindred

turn on permissions for post-count groups.
create or edit the SECOND post-count based group to start at 3 posts (thus leaving the FIRST group starting at 0)

set the permissions to require approval.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

meemzo

I don't see an option for requiring approval.

Illori

you have enable post moderation under core features first.

meemzo

Well apparently if I had two brain cells to rub together I would have, LOL.  What a rookie move.  Got it thanks!

meemzo

I decided I didn't want that to be the default when new people register.  How do I create the scenario of assigning this group so it's not by default for new registrations, but their membergroup changes to regular after 3 posts.

Using a test account still lets me post.  I assume because of the permission group that says "all registered members are part of this group"

Kindred

well, just change the permission back to not require approval...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

meemzo

No, I want it to require approval, but it let's the test account post anyway.  Not unhide or anything, just posts normal even though I chose the needs approval option

Kindred

Probably because you have overlapping permissions.

Turn off / disallow posting permissions for the regular members membergroup.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: